• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air-O-Matic power steering problems and replacement parts Supplier

peashooter

I figured I'd share a source for some replacement parts to the Air-O-Matic system since I had so much trouble finding anyone that had any remaining parts and figured there are others with the same problem.
Anyway, I have a leaking piston cup seal in the air o matic ram that I havent been able to find a replacement for yet. I called Arther Bloom and he said he gets a call a day for parts but hasnt been able to get any replacement parts yet from the mfg in some time.
Lots of calls later I ended up talking to the right group at MARADYNE who is the mfg. They have some parts in stock and when the military orders more they make a new batch of whatever part and sell them to anyone until they are gone and the military makes a new order. The replacement piston cup I bought was $88 and was made in 2010.
Anyway if you also are in need of some replacement parts you may want to try Maradyne at 216-362-0755 and just ask for the Air-O-Matic group. I dont work for them or anything just thought I would try to save someone else all the trouble of finding a place to get hard to find replacement parts from.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good info. I would expect military orders to end soon if not already.:roll:

Falco

Hmm....me and some other Owners of a Deuce here in Germany were thinking to buy an Air O Matic System...
but when I listen you`re Posting`s I meen it`s better to search a Alternative..

peashooter

If you think the military will be ordering any more of these parts, you may have a LONG wait....
I forgot to mention the only other large user of these parts is some giant bus company in Mexico that uses the air-o-matic on its city busses. Maradyne said that company (or government garage/whatever) places a big order for parts a couple times a year. Apparently if they are out of some part it may be a couple month wait until they are made again... if at all depending on what part it is. Some are completely obsoleted such as the 4" piston parts and likely others. so yeah if you are looking to add Air-o-matic, you may want to look for an alternative if you havent already bought one.
M-35Tom is putting together a hydraulic kit that may be a good alternative? http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...3-deuce-hyd-power-steering-9.html#post1103846

rebelliners

I figured I'd share a source for some replacement parts to the Air-O-Matic system since I had so much trouble finding anyone that had any remaining parts and figured there are others with the same problem.
Anyway, I have a leaking piston cup seal in the air o matic ram that I havent been able to find a replacement for yet. I called Arther Bloom and he said he gets a call a day for parts but hasnt been able to get any replacement parts yet from the mfg in some time.
Lots of calls later I ended up talking to the right group at MARADYNE who is the mfg. They have some parts in stock and when the military orders more they make a new batch of whatever part and sell them to anyone until they are gone and the military makes a new order. The replacement piston cup I bought was $88 and was made in 2010.
Anyway if you also are in need of some replacement parts you may want to try Maradyne at 216-362-0755 and just ask for the Air-O-Matic group. I dont work for them or anything just thought I would try to save someone else all the trouble of finding a place to get hard to find replacement parts from.

Any rebuild kits or parts left out their I am in truly need of the safety valve that mts on fire wall and controls use if pressure is over or under 60psi.

peashooter

Any rebuild kits or parts left out their I am in truly need of the safety valve that mts on fire wall and controls use if pressure is over or under 60psi.
That will be an easy part to get fortunately (once someone tells us what they are called again anyway). That low pressure safety shut off valve thing is a common part to large trucks and not specific to the air-o-matic. Napa will probably stock them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Look up "pressure protection valve" on Egay. There is a bunch available much cheaper. No need to dink with rebuilding.

knelezen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
eBay also has Piston cup seals that are perfect match for the air-o-matic. The price is $17.95 each. Part number is PDC-500.

tobyS

eBay also has Piston cup seals that are perfect match for the air-o-matic. The price is $17.95 each. Part number is PDC-500.
Can you give more info. I can't get it from the title and that part number isn't working on a search.

knelezen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check just inside the frame for an air regulator. Mine has one. I turned it up just until I could turn the wheels while staying still.

knelezen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry! If it wasn't for you I would never have found those. So thank you. I did look up that seal you recommend. They have them in stock also. So if these dry up we could still get them from there. You should get one of these for a spare though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks