• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help Finding a pinz.

I have been interested in the MV hobby for a long time but just recently, I've come to like the look and capability of a Pinz and I'd like to find one. I don't know where to begin but I'd like to get it tarted. My folks and I want a joint project and I figured since they want one REALLY BAD, I'd start here. If I could get some pointers, I'd really appreciate it. If you'd like to chat over the phone (so long as yer in the states....long distance is a b*&ch) PM me. I'm also on oovoo online chat and I'm on facebook. Thanks guys. :jumpin:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Duffman the Pinz can be a little challenging to find and even harder to find them at a price that is within reason, First place I would look is the Pinz section of this site, I was looking for a 712 for a while and found a Swiss Army one if FL but the guy would not budge on the price, and he had been advertising it all over and had no takers, I made him what I thought was a good offer and he informed me that I was a dreamer! They are out there but I would check this site first, some good guys in that part of the site also! Good luck
KK

pinzgauer pete

Pinz for sale

There is a nice pinz currently on ebay a few searches on google will yield some results on reputable vendors that generally have a few pinzes for sale. Expect to pay between 9-12K for a 710m and 15-20K for a 712. They are exceptional vehicles with a footprint basically close to that of a jeep and very tough little vehicles. Parts are pricey though and if you do decide to get one try to get one in the best condition your wallet will allow as you do not want to buy a low ball special only to find it needs a ton of work and lots of $$$$$ in parts. If you PM me I will be happy to call you and give you info on sources for info, parts, and vendors.

LibTimothy

Duffman,

Welcome to the Pinz madness. They do seem harder and harder to come by now a days. Two places to look for Pinzgauers. First keep an eye on Swiss Army Vehicles in OK Swiss Army Vehicles - The Prime Pinzgauer and Unimog Source. He always seems to have access to Pinzgauers for sale. And he is the go- to guy for parts.

Second, I'd look at Real4x4forums.com in the classified section. There are About 5 or 6 for sale there right now. There is a lot of expertise on Pinzgauers there also.

Good luck!

Timothy

Pinz25086

Are you looking for a 710 or 712 - M or K model? Send me a PM and I may be able to point you to something. All of the Pinz people down here know each other and there are a few for sale in FL rigt now.

Wayne

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I stopped at a buddy of mine's wrecker shop today and there is a Mercedes 4x4 sitting out in the yard. He says it is a gasser and will not crank......is it a MOG or a Pinzguar?

He told me he thought the owner was wanting to get rid of it and I left my card with him.

If it's for sale I'll get the contact info and some pics.

flighht2k5

Banned
I stopped at a buddy of mine's wrecker shop today and there is a Mercedes 4x4 sitting out in the yard. He says it is a gasser and will not crank......is it a MOG or a Pinzguar?

He told me he thought the owner was wanting to get rid of it and I left my card with him.

If it's for sale I'll get the contact info and some pics.
Pinzgauer is not made by Mercedes. It's either a 404 mog or a g-wagen.

Goose2448

Duff, Talk to DC-Coyte. Hit me up on FB for his FB. He has one and I bet he know a few people that have them. If you find one out here in FL, because there seems to be a few, let me know, and I will be able to transport and store it for ya.

Guys, I'm looking for a 710K. Preferably a diesel one but I'll take what I can get. Goose, I'll keep that in mind there good buddy -radio static- I need it set up like that because I have two other family members (plus the dogs) that I want to take with me. A 710M doesn't sound practical cuz they'd be rideing in the bed. Good shape or bad, doesn't matter so long as there isn't a whole lot of rust.

I've been looking around and the cheapest 710k I've found is not quite 15 grand. But its in awesome shape and comes with extras. If I could find one in the 6 to 10 grand range, id be happy. I can put all the extras on myself.

I don't know a whole lot about em still but thanks for the help guys and I'll definitly contact a few of you. :grd:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think if you want something along the lines of a 710 with a diesel, you will be looking at a 716. My Pinz knowlege is very limited but there are tons of these at the FL Rally.

DSD277

Being in Cal, you are really restricted on what year Pinz you can register here, typically up to '74, sometimes the DMV will slide a '75 through. No way you'll get a newer one registered.The TD's are the 716 and 718 and are a completely different animal. None are legal in Cal. Mine was registered in error back in '02 and 2 years later, CARB had a fit with the DMV... it ended with it being grandfathered.
On cheap Pinzes, have it checked, replacements parts can drive the cost through the roof.

rookie

Hi I'm rookie I'm looking for a pinz 710 m I was reading and old thread I wanted to see if u still had some info on who has a pinzgauer for sale thanks

mm58

Fifteen grand for a nice 710K is not unreasonable. That's what I paid for mine. Yes, they do occasionally pop up cheaper than that, but those are the exception, not the rule.
The nice thing about a Pinz is that it will probably hold it's value as you own it. If you ever sell it, you can probably break even, or even make a profit, depending on what you've done to it.

I've been looking around and the cheapest 710k I've found is not quite 15 grand. But its in awesome shape and comes with extras. If I could find one in the 6 to 10 grand range, id be happy. I can put all the extras on myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks