• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does it take to stop a Pinz?

Barrman

Looks like a fun time Timothy. Are the rear set of seats new? I like that.

Put a lawn sprinkler under the truck and keep moving it around every few hours to help get all the gunk out from underneath.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Underwater stump holes do a good job too, as we found out at the 2010 FL Rally. Kenny, Pete, Phil, Vinny, Mike, and a host of others will all testify!

LibTimothy

Wow, cool pictures. The Houston area reminds me of Florida in a lot of ways and that kind of mud is one of them. I am glad I live more in land and only go to visit my Houston friends.

Still, mud that is so thick is stops all forward motion is not as much fun as mud you splash thru, coming out on the other side of the puddle.

I spent three hours yesterday morning with a garden hose cleaning the mud out of the cab and off the engine. This weekend I'll pull the wheels and clean the mud out of the brakes, then change the oil in the front diff and portals. Then I'll figure out what else I need to service.

I'm liking dry and dusty more and more each passing day.

Timothy

LibTimothy

Looks like a fun time Timothy. Are the rear set of seats new? I like that.

Put a lawn sprinkler under the truck and keep moving it around every few hours to help get all the gunk out from underneath.

Tim,

I missed this post earlier... Yes the rear seats are new. I built a frame out of 2 in square tubing and bolted them up. They are really nice as long as the rear canvas is off.

You can't see it but I also have new front seats. I got some nice Freightliner seats mounted in place of the original seats. Way more comfortable!

You going to the Temple Air Show this year?

Timothy

Barrman

Good find on the new front seats.

Yes, I will be at Temple. My 396 threw a rod a month or so ago. So it will just be the M35A2 for showing and camping in. Come on up and stay or at least visit.

LibTimothy

How to stop a Pinz

Water sucked into the air cleaner will also stop it....
Wow! :shock: That is a bummer. Did it stop before it hydro-locked?

You'll like this..... I even had mud in one of my headlights and in the side marker light. But, I think you won this contest.

I'm sticking to high and dry places from now on.

Timothy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks