• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DFW area gathering May 12

feets

The Chrysler parts Distribution Center is hosting it's third annual meet and greet on May 12. The previous two years have each seen more than 130 vehicles in attendance. Everything from pre-war cars, hot rods, classics, muscle cars, Vipers, race cars, cruisers, and everything in between. The one thing we haven't seen is a military vehicle.
There are plenty of guys near DFW with big green toys. Can we count on those of you with Chrysler based vehicles to join us? That includes Jeep, Kaiser, pre-HMMWV AM General, Dodge, and all the other makes that ended up under the Chrysler umbrella through the years.
The event takes place on a busy road and there will be plenty of people stopping in to check out the vehicles on display. Considering the nature of military vehicles, they can either be cleaned up and ready for a parade or be displayed in their "natural" state. The Jeep guys had a little contest to see who could bring the muddiest trail rig. Dirt don't hurt!

The Cowtown Mopars will bring the club's BBQ trailer and the Chrysler employees will bring the food. We'll supply the eats and drinks for all involved.

The Chrysler guys will open the big truck lot to provide a couple acres of parking for anyone who needs to trailer a vehicle.
You have no idea how badly I want to see a train of deuces, M715s, and Power Wagons pull up.
I'm not beyond bribery so if anyone has some armor built by Chrysler, let me know. I'll do what I can to help pay for some diesel for the transport.

Here's a flier for the event:

If there's anything I can do to help, please PM or email me at twinturbo440@aol.com and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Last edited:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is this a CHRYSLER ONLY event?

Don't own any Chrysler's, but several MV's, including an MKT - check out the club we have just started at the website below

let me know if us 'non chrysler mv's' would be welcome

Blueduce

I'd like to attend with my AM General M35a2c. I'm just down the road in Red Oak, TX so fuel shouldn't be a problem for me. Just let me know when you bang out the details.

feets

I did look through the site you listed. That's what gave me hope that we could round up some vehicles. Most of the members rides would fit right in. The GM CUCVs would be crossing the line a wee bit. :mrgreen:

This is a Chrysler hosted event. That's why I specified vehicles built by Chrysler or brands that were purchased by Chrysler. Fargo, Dodge, Willys, Jeep, Kaiser, etc are all welcome.
AM General was sold to LTV in 1982. Anything before that is fine. That means 151s built by Kaiser and AM General are more than welcome.
In fact, an M1 Abrams is good to go since it was designed by a Chrysler affiliate and the support tools still have the pentastar on them.

The blue deuce HAS to be there! You seldom see a deuce and never see a blue one.
I'm a fan of the military vehicles and REALLY want a deuce. However, I need to finish other vehicle related projects before I can entertain the thought of picking up something else to work on.
Many veterans are in our car club. They have fond memories of the vehicles they used when they served. If some of you can show up with your toys it would no doubt bring back a flood of memories. Many of today's youth have only seen these vehicles in movies. Giving them the opportunity to see one up close and personal would be a real treat.

Last edited:

Blueduce

I be there on the 12th. Just please be advised that Blue Deuce is no longer Blue. You can see the transformation on the militaryvehiclescollectorsclub.com

Let me know as soon as you have details. The when and where.

feets

2205 East Beltline Road in Carrollton. It runs from 10 till 2.

2205 east belt line road, carrollton, tx - Google Maps

You shouldn't miss the place. There is a long frontage and there will be tons of vehicles out there. They will have large Jeep and Ram balloons in the grass.

I was kinda hoping for a blue deuce. I haven't laid eyes on one of those in person, only pics. Regardless, I'll take one any way I can get it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks