• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dinger65 M38A1 Jeep

zout

OK - fast forward since the rally and Dinger bought a few more items from some of you.
Some of the chit he was told that was for his M38A1 was crapola and not even close for jeeps FWIW but I guess a few of ya made some $ off him.

Dinger is looking to install a top on this and will need bows and all the components - so if you have anything PM me because he will not look at his PM's.

He should be ready to take er home anytime now - reason for a little gloss to that Marine green is obvious - it is outside drying from final touchups from my grubby hangs.

Last of the pics on this one closing this thread.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks good Z. If the spare tire was much larger, you'd have to get a smaller jerry can :)

I see the USMC rear lift rings, do you guys have the front for it?

Is the drivers seat tilted back some? It looks laid back to me.

zout

I think his yr was a 53 C. From what I understand they just rotated into place on the front swivels and leaned back. There is no locking device like on Debs 55 - if you watch early yr war movies ya see them get in - flip their right foot in the door cowl and grab the passenger handle and hold on and hope the driver does not hit the brakes.

It does lean a tad - there is a piece of rubber someone placed on its backpad where it rests - I think I am just going to remove it. Is kinda like Debs - this baby is meant to get dirty and driven. Now if she or he decides to go through water with these they better find a new fella to turn their wrenches for them.

As soon as this is out of the garage - ole Dave is on his toys for once.
I will look around for you CLinto and see what I have for yours to rummage through (BTW) I can get that transmission fixed for you :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks