• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dinger65 M38A1 Jeep

zout

Here is what I used for undercoating - here is my set up for spraying the stuff.
24v fuel pump with pre-filter and pressure regulator and part #'s of what was used.

Attachments

zout

DO not know why the fuel tank would up being almost 1 inch too wide on this one ?? cut off one inch of the tank I made - welded - pressure tested - refit the tank back into the channel and fits like a glove - all mounted in and started running fuel lines to the 24v rotary fuel pump with pre-filter attached. From there the lines will go to a pressure regulator as show above.

I know I am going to have to fight installing the trans/transfer case by myself when it gets done but I am waiting no longer and got the engine chucked into the hole. Slid the grille on just so I could get a giggle.

Been around 3 weeks from getting this jeep and I wish I could stop slacking off on getting it done. :grd:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Question:

What is faster than a speeding bullet and faster than the speed of light (ie..Warp Speed)?:popcorn:

Answer:

ZOUT!!!!![thumbzup]

I think the Tinwoodsman is gonna have to come up with a "faster" title for you than "Commander Warp.":whistle:

All I can say is outstanding work troop!:)

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have done some research and being that Warp speed is faster than the speed of light, I cannot come up with the proper title enhancement. Zout not only pushes the envelope, he continually exhibits new levels of creativity that pales others and their efforts. I know this from personal experience.

On the bright side, we learn new things from him daily. I keep waiting for him to say: "Grab the pebble from my hand grasshopper"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought that was the air intake hose for the fording kit...

zout

I have the radiator shop building a radiator for it - was looking around this whole time for even a scrapper that I could rob the upper and lower tank from but it did not work out. Radiator will get an entire new core. I am not sure on the height of the intake to the water pump so I picked up a genertic upper hose and one specific for the lower.

I did not take a pic of the lower hose cause ya all would have been telling me it was a vacuum suction hose or something :popcorn:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy, I was way off. I thought that was a periscope and you did not cut a hole in the hood yet. :smile:

Last edited:

zout

Totally ignoring all common sence which I have non of - so I have no clue where those spurts of it came from :cookoo:

Knew not to stick that engine engine without having to battle and use words my wife taught me struggling to get it in.

Trans showed up just after lunch - slid it underneath just to confirm my ignorance and YUP - engine's coming out.

THen I was looking and the builder forgot the throwout bearing and fork - so I am on hold till tomorrow night. I did clean up the air filter and mount it and got the fuel pump and lines ran - what a waste of a perfectly good day off.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Totally ignoring all common sence which I have non of - so I have no clue where those spurts of it came from :cookoo:

Knew not to stick that engine engine without having to battle and use words my wife taught me struggling to get it in.

Trans showed up just after lunch - slid it underneath just to confirm my ignorance and YUP - engine's coming out.

THen I was looking and the builder forgot the throwout bearing and fork - so I am on hold till tomorrow night. I did clean up the air filter and mount it and got the fuel pump and lines ran - what a waste of a perfectly good day off.
AHHHUUMMM...errrr... Clears throat...

Who woudda thunk it??:whistle:

zout

Yeah Yeah Yeah - I heard the clearing of the throat when it was starting to get unbolted - ringing in my ears.

Like to say thanks once again to Midwest Military for their timely service and phone orders we have been calling in for the items needed.
I ordered a passenger seat frame for Deb's and it looked dang near brand new when it was received.

Found out a little while ago Dingers radiator is getting delivered today so its a step by step assembly.

In-Laws are in town - so that means I definately have to find a reason to head to the garage for a couple days.

dinger65

Papa Bear, this is a little late, but.............Thanks for the compliment re Zout. He is a "piece of work". Re spotting good troops vs "bullchitters" My method is to give the "chitter" the grenade, swap fuses (smoke for frag) then tell HIM to pull the pin and toss!!! It is a high Honor to be thought of as a Brother. And, Yup, you did see me crack a smile. My face still hurts. Zout does consider me a menace behind the wheel of the 109. ****, the first time I got to drive one was when we picked it up in Mississippi. Up til then, I only got to ride in the back of a Deuce or walk behind one. Go figure!!! The last time I got on this site, the language Police got me. One of the reasons I don't get on very often...Don't like being told what I can talk about and what words...or not. Last time I took a drink from Zout's canteen, I wound up backing over his welder the next morning (in the 109). Dave, good luck with that "shell".
Dinger out

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Yeah Yeah Yeah - I heard the clearing of the throat when it was starting to get unbolted - ringing in my ears.

Like to say thanks once again to Midwest Military for their timely service and phone orders we have been calling in for the items needed.
I ordered a passenger seat frame for Deb's and it looked dang near brand new when it was received.

Found out a little while ago Dingers radiator is getting delivered today so its a step by step assembly.

In-Laws are in town - so that means I definately have to find a reason to head to the garage for a couple days.
Take your pillow and sleeping bag!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG

You prolly wouldn't believe me if I told ya I learn everything the hard way:D

Heck...my Dad tried to teach me to swim 5 different times when I was 3...it wasn't too bad after I fought my way outta that sack!!aua

Attachments

zout

After dinner I had a scheme to dissapear to the garage - Started by popping smoke - creeping silently on my belly all the way down to the garage like a lizard (turned the house alarm to silent so when the door opened it would not beep).
Without being noticed I was able to reach the lock on the door and leaving the lights OFF to not give away my position I grabbed my survelience flashlight.

Looking to slide the trans on the engine and get it hung till my Bro shows up - the mission was working flawlessly - looking for the dang little clutch release spring - it had disappeared. Thinking Deb knew I might have a plan up my sleeve my thoughts turned to her sneaky evil plan - ahhhh she would not know what it was anyhow.

After crawling and searching for the spring with my flashlight - the garage light went on cause I was getting po'd and the gig was up anyhow till I find it. It was no where to be found - soon as the light went on my cell goes off and guess who it was - DEB - something about getting my arse back up to the house and be polite !!! I would have to take lessons in that first.

Ordering a spring today to get here tomorrow cause my BRO and I are going to hopefully get it done tomorrow night.

Mission unsuccessful. Dang it. :nothingfunny:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
After dinner I had a scheme to dissapear to the garage - Started by popping smoke - creeping silently on my belly all the way down to the garage like a lizard (turned the house alarm to silent so when the door opened it would not beep).
Without being noticed I was able to reach the lock on the door and leaving the lights OFF to not give away my position I grabbed my survelience flashlight.

Looking to slide the trans on the engine and get it hung till my Bro shows up - the mission was working flawlessly - looking for the dang little clutch release spring - it had disappeared. Thinking Deb knew I might have a plan up my sleeve my thoughts turned to her sneaky evil plan - ahhhh she would not know what it was anyhow.

After crawling and searching for the spring with my flashlight - the garage light went on cause I was getting po'd and the gig was up anyhow till I find it. It was no where to be found - soon as the light went on my cell goes off and guess who it was - DEB - something about getting my arse back up to the house and be polite !!! I would have to take lessons in that first.

Ordering a spring today to get here tomorrow cause my BRO and I are going to hopefully get it done tomorrow night.

Mission unsuccessful. Dang it. :nothingfunny:
Next time a covert mission is planned have a protective mask and some "sleeping gas" handy and release it 10 minutes prior to mission TOT.
That will insure that you are not detected during you E&E phase.

If protective gear and sleeping gas are not available, just release your own gas in the middle of the room several times and you will prolly be asked to "go to the garage a-hole!":D

There are many ways to get what ya want and make it look like it was someone elses idea.;-)

Attachments

zout

Ron graciously offered to come down as he felt sorry for me sitting on my butt and not getting anywhere on the jeep.

He is a brutal slave driver and does not stop for anything - so as you guessed it more got done than I would have done (remember frig was full of beer).

Here are some pics:
Engine - trans bolted in
Cross shaft for clutch bolted and cotter key points secured.
Driveline in
Starter in

trans and case are not filled yet cause I am a danger zone to work around and would have spilt it all over the place putting it in while full - amazing what a hammer up against the head will make you not want to do.

4 more days it will be a month having this jeep to work on.

Thanks Ron for the great help and more comradre from a friend which was more fun than working - minus the hammer wounds inflicted.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ron graciously offered to come down as he felt sorry for me sitting on my butt and not getting anywhere on the jeep.

He is a brutal slave driver and does not stop for anything - so as you guessed it more got done than I would have done (remember frig was full of beer).

Here are some pics:
Engine - trans bolted in
Cross shaft for clutch bolted and cotter key points secured.
Driveline in
Starter in

trans and case are not filled yet cause I am a danger zone to work around and would have spilt it all over the place putting it in while full - amazing what a hammer up against the head will make you not want to do.

4 more days it will be a month having this jeep to work on.

Thanks Ron for the great help and more comradre from a friend which was more fun than working - minus the hammer wounds inflicted.

Awe farkel...forgot to warn ya about Ron and hammers!!!:roll:
They just don't mix. You didn't let him near a torch did ya??

It's just amazing how you took that hulk ya got from Marvin and transformed it into what you just posted pics of in less than a month![thumbzup] Ya done good Brother.

The "Cavalry" (Tony, BabyBear, and I) should arrive around 12:00hrs..ish Monday with a resupply of stuff for you to play with and to remove "battle residue" for redistribution of parts.

Wonder if that mean ole Marine feller is gonna be around Monday?
BB sorta likes him but I don't have a clue why!!:roll:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks