• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 recovery

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have the correct feet for that tow bar if you didn't get the right ones. That one uses 1 and 1/8th inch pins, not the 1" like a medium.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats guys! awesome looking wrecker! I tried to use mine last night and the hard line going to the hoist motor blew a leak. On a side note the D600 WVO collection truck looks shiny new!

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
It's the timing cover, not the block (thank god). I'm wondering what would have caused it to bulge from the inside enough to crack the timing cover and break the little cover, yet the motor runs great.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I'm pretty sure he is looking for options OTHER than replacing the motor block.
It's the timing cover, not the block (thank god). I'm wondering what would have caused it to bulge from the inside enough to crack the timing cover and break the little cover, yet the motor runs great.
nsn 2835012712510 heres the number for the cover.

http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/939/TM9-2320-272-24P-1.pdf

page 78 part number 12. It can be replaced, It's going to be a he!! of a female dog to replace.

Looks like your hookers tops coming off (meaning the hood).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From the tm 2320-260-34-1 (same motor)
Measure shim(s) (12) as a pack with micrometer. Add or subtract shim(s) (12) from pack to provide
a clearance of 0.001-0.005 in. (0.0254-0.127 mm) for engines with camshaft thrust plate or

0.008-0.013 in. (0.2032-0.3302 mm) for engines with camshaft outboard bearing support

this suggest that if the WRONG clearance (with/without thurst plate) could cause this

Last edited:

mdmorganwife

Planned, but didn't know it at the time. I'll explain, we knew we didn't want one with super singles because most sit with flats for long periods at a time and knowing we would probably be driving it back we didn't want to chance it. So, unknowingly we were wanting a M936.:doghead::gimp2: <----looks like doghead is humping gimpy.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$6,216.10 after everything said and done. After reading through the T.M. we were even happier that we went with M936 instead of the A1 or A2.
HOLY CRAP! Good steal. I paid $4900 for a M35A3. You two are my hero's!!!!! Congrats all around from me. ( by the way the way if that's your photo in your icon you're hot and he's **** lucky!!!! No disrespect intended married man of 24 years). Unreal to me. 6K for a wrecker!!!!!! **** **** ****!

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Ok, this is everything that was on the truck, except the two big boom legs they are way heavy.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks