• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What oil to use?

seano11

We have a 10 and I don't really like it doesn't seem to have that much torque compared to a small cummins it the REGEN comes on at least 4 times a day

Matt1031

I was just passing along info that are shop supervisor had pass down to us from hq with quality control these days I'd rather have the oil filterd before it reached my engine. But hey what do I know I'm just a self proclaimed expert....
Wouldn't matter anyway because with very few exceptions the vast majority of auto and truck oiling systems use a bypass type filter - the filter does not filter 100% of the oil circulated by the oil pump because it would restrict flow too much if that were the case. By prefilling the filter with oil, the pump doesn't have to contend with a big air pocket of air (momentary pressure loss).

I'd rather have "unfiltered" oil on my bearings than none at all.

TRH

We have a 10 and I don't really like it doesn't seem to have that much torque compared to a small cummins it the REGEN comes on at least 4 times a day
Straight truck or a tractor? Keebler runs some 10s in their tractors and they're gutless bastards, especially compared to the ISX.
Okay, I'll stop derailing the thread now. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks