• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Setback in a Gun Truck build

historyfanatics

Well, it seems that I've suffered a setback in building The Widow Maker. The quad mount that I was gathering funds for has been sold. :cry:

So, it's back to the drawing board.

If anybody knows where a quad mount is, please pass along the information.

Also, if anybody has the dimesnions and specifications on a quad mount, I'd sure appreciate a note. I have thought about building one. Tweaking it a bit so that I can get my old, tired self into the gunner's seat. It would be 100% correct on the outside, and 100% reliable on the inside. Thoughts?

SMOKEWAGON66

Dang, that sucks when something gets sold from underneath you. Hopefully you can find another, or manage to get one made. Good luck! :beer:

L999here

...tnw...?

Might try to check with TNW in WA state. They had a few a year or so ago and offered to drag it to Knob Creek for pick up. Can't find their # right away...just google...good luck...!!!

historyfanatics

A Different Quad

I checked out the TNW quad fifty. It is a different beast from the one I need. Theirs is an European design. The one I need is based on the Maxson turret.

Thanks, though. I figure the more eyes looking, the easier to find.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Bismarck Guns. They did a great job making a M2HB dummy for me. The owner makes custom one-offs all the time. Last time I chatted with him he was making a dummy Flak 88 for a reenactor. His stuff takes time to make but he does it right.

Just an option - you didn't specify that it had to be original.

historyfanatics

Bismarck guns

That's a great idea! I am already using Bismarck for the guns, so it shouldn't be a problem to get the mount made either.

No problem in having a replica mount. I just wanted to have an original, if possible.

Meanwhile, work proceeds slowly on the truck. The bed has been primered, and I've managed to replace some items that were stolen that I had in the bed of my pick-up. I'll try to get some photos posted up to both my website and on Steel Soldiers.

Odyssey M

Contact the good old boys at Red Jacket. They play around with those types of toys. They may at least have contacts if they can't directlly help...

In any case, I'm sure it'll cost you a pretty penny to get the final rig together. Good luck! Can't wait to see your pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks