• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Landed my first M37 in Aberdeen

M-37Bruce

OK, If we need more info than what I'm about to add, you might want to contact me off-line or maybe start another thread? I almost forgot this was Rusty's thread!
The second pic is where the NOS landed, not what I wanted. The rod I'm using is 1/4", the NOS was a bit larger, 3/8".
The NOS Safety Arm that came from Sid is gonna be for sale, I need to find out how much It set me back?

Attachments

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Midwest Military, Vintage Power Wagon or any aircraft hardware supply house. Those fasteners are all over aircraft.

Storm 51

Rusty1340

I been preoccupied with other things around the house but I haven't completely ignored the M 37 a while back I was experiencing low power and backfiring issues when it was under a strain. after a little research and some checking around I found a positive coil wire was arcing on the side of the coil and points plate. Of course I found this issue after I ordered new parts and was putting them in so the money was already spent no big deal. After installation and repair, Wow it was a new truck. I also went to the local sawmill and pick up some red oak I finish the bed sides and the troop seats the old girl looks pretty good. I've been riding around the neighborhood quite a bit each time venturing out a little further. I have to finish the exhaust system before I go too far though. I just wanted to touch base and give everyone an update.20140621_121225.jpg20140628_171222.jpg

Rusty1340

Well that was short lived running like crap again. I blew out the gasket between the intake and exhaust manifold and not sure I can change it without broken bolts and or manifolds. Thinking of a repower with a Cummins 4BT.

GUNNY 155

Start it up and get the engine up to operating temp. Touch a small candle to the studs, the wax will wick into the threads and act as a lubricant. If the engine was put together with the proper OEM manifold nuts, washers and studs they should come off pretty easy. The exhaust pipe nuts may require some heat from a torch to get them to come loose depending on how long they have been in place. Vintage Power Wagon markets a stud kit which is quite nice and comes with the proper nuts and brass spacers to keep the manifolds from cracking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks