• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Landed my first M37 in Aberdeen

1943ht

Rusty just relocated to Carlisle PA for 18 months of school ... just a short drive from here to Middle River and I would be more than happy to get over for a few weekends and assist you with your project ... finished my M37 restoration last Jul .. and even shipped here from WI so that I could use it these next 18 months ... just let me know.

God Bless

//R//
Mark

Rusty1340

I know I can speak for everyone here Rusty, you'll be in everyone's thoughts & prayers!
Glad to say I'm back and cancer free chemo and radiation kicked my ass and it took forever to get my energy back. I was sure I would never get back on my truck and considered selling it a few times. I held on to it and I'm glad I did. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Rusty1340

Being no room in the garage I've had the 37 out in the driveway covered up under a tarp all this time. This spring I want to make it more weather tight and less of an eye sore. I have the new windshield frames and hardware I just need to go get the glass put in them. I want to order the top and it looks like John has the best price on them. I'm not sure how the top attaches to the top of the windshield frame and to the sides. Could someone attach a photo showing this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front top edge of the windshield has a tube attached with a slot along the bottom edge. The front edge of the canvas top has a piece of rope stitched inside for the entire length (side to side). This canvas wrapped rope slides into the open tube on the front of the windshield (I find from right - (passenger side), to left - (driver's side) to be easiest). The canvas top is then flipped over the cab and the same rope and canvas set up is used to attach the top to the vertical uprights that form the posts behind the door windows (more tubes with a slot). Metal clips hold the top over side windows and slip into the curved pieces above the door windows. The rear bottom of the cab cover is laced unto the cab body behind the seats.

Hope this helps. Sorry about the lack of pictures, but my truck isn't at home right now. Maybe someone else can snap a few photos and send them your way.

Storm 51

Rusty1340

I have my windshield frames all ready for new glass does anyone have the measurements of the actual glass. I probably should have went the other route just buy new assemblies. But to late to turn back now.

M-37Bruce

Windshield

Hey Rusty,
I just measured the frame, this is just an approximation, but 17.25 X 27.25 are what I came up with. Where are you getting the glass, a glass shop, if so take a frame w/you?

Either way it's gonna cost around 27 to 30 bucks maybe more. I did one and bought a brand new panel. I remember when I did my glass, neither one was the same size?
DSCN0414.jpgDSCN0416.jpgDSCN0418.jpg

I hope i have not confused you to much? Are these the pics you were looking for?

Last edited:

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Bruce,

Since you seem to have the rod removed from your truck that is used to hold the hood up all of the way, could you measure up that part and share the info with me (us)?

Bert

Rusty,
Sorry for side tracking your thread.

M-37Bruce

Are you talking about the inner rod or rope/cording or the spot welded steel cover it slides into? OK I realize what your needing I have that holding rod handy somewhere.

Last edited:

M-37Bruce

I have two, one I made from a Deuce frame and one that I bought new from Sid Beck along w/the retaining spring clip. The NOS one never worked because my windscreen was minorley crushed on that side. The NOS one is 5.5", the clip is 1.25" where the flat & holes are, the first bend is 1/2". The one I made is not finished and is 5.5". I hope this helps Bert and Rusty? I need to get busy and finish my wiring!! :grd:

DSCN0422.jpgDSCN0420.jpgDSCN0423.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks