• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24087 From 1953

Katahdin

This came today from Saturn Surplus, its an air horn solenoid. It came in a sealed foil pouch and the solenoid was wrapped in desiccant. This sucker has been completely unspoiled by oxygen and moisture.

I'd say the paint that was used on the solenoid back in 1953 is a spot on match to Gillespie 24087 I bought in 2011, eh?

Attachments

Katahdin

Its going on my 66' M109A3. I felt a little weird about opening it, its kind of like going back in time. Who knew there's still NIB truck parts from 1953?

vtdeucedriver

Its going on my 66' M109A3. I felt a little weird about opening it, its kind of like going back in time. Who knew there's still NIB truck parts from 1953?

Bummer, I wondered as the G744 is 5 ton and it has the douglas connector as does my M-62 that was built in 1953. I would expect that your deuce has the packard connector.

Want to trade??

I have a couple NOS ones with the packard connector.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

When I was buying NOS stuff for my Road Runner, it was physically difficult to open the packaging and install it.

SMOKEWAGON66

Thats actually pretty neat...I dont think Ive ever had the honor of opening something that old...if that had come to me, I probably would ordered another one and left that one NIB lol..

vtdeucedriver

Thats actually pretty neat...I dont think Ive ever had the honor of opening something that old...if that had come to me, I probably would ordered another one and left that one NIB lol..

Buy a M-37 or a WW2 vehicle. Lots of NOS stuff still out there. I had 7 fording kits for the M-51 that were all dated 52. Each was packed in newspaper from the time. Was a pretty neat read!! I sold all of them but one.

vtdeucedriver

When I was buying NOS stuff for my Road Runner, it was physically difficult to open the packaging and install it.
OH YOUR NOT KIDDING!!! When I was putting the M-37 together, I was taking stuff out of dodge boxes and literally in tears. When it came to installing my NOS front fenders which are now UNHEARD of, I literally took TWO shots of Crown Royal to get the nerve to put the drill bit to the fender to drill 2 holes to install our Siren.

I dont know what I am going to do when it finally comes to installing the Southwind heater on the left as those are HUGE Holes!

Katahdin

I actually ordered the packard connector version from Erik's surplus, then tacked on another $60 worth of odds and ends to make shipping worth it. Next day I get an email the $35 for the solenoid was refunded because they're out of stock, but my other junk was on its way. aua

Saturn has these in stock so you can order from them, they don't have the packard version either. I just really need it for the Memorial Day parade, my 109 has a working electric horn for street driving. If you'd rather trade then just order from Saturn lets talk after Memorial Day.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks