• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38 Project...Done...

TedG

What a great day to honor our vets! Perfect in every way here in Eaton Rapids, MI. Starting with 2-A10 fly overs and our longest Memorial Day parade! :)

Well the M38 ran but carb issues made me decide to flat tow it behind my hmmwv. I did not want the M38 to stop the progression of the parade...The M38 likes to run with about a 1/3 choke so I have a fuel delivery issue inside the carb and once that is done it will be a runner!!!

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

rdixiemiller

As for wanting to run only with the choke pulled out....
Is the idle mixture set properly?
Is there a vacuum leak?
Is the carb float low?
Are the carb passages varnished up?
Is the idle stop screw set properly?

Any of these can cause the condition you describe.

TedG

Lane, just bring you wife down for a test drive! I might have it at Clare...

rdixiemiller, Thanks for the extra tips. I will recheck the system...again and see what I am missing. I was in a hurry to get it done for the parade and I am sure I have missed something that is on the list.

Ferroequinologist, I wish that was the case. The WWII/Korea Vets would of had a big chuckle! Maybe next year...anyone have a meduim tow bar for sale!

What is interesting is to note the size between the two mv's. The M38 is narrower that the inside dimension between the hmmwv tail lights and with a little work, it would fit in the back.

Attachments

TedG

RE: gone

Well, I am happy to say the M38 just was sold and will reside in dry area somewhere in Ohio! I told the new owner to join and bring it the Findlay show next May. Now I am on to the hmmwv A2 project.

For those of you want to sell a mv, I recommend using David Uhrig in Ohio. World wide interest and lots of trafiic!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks