• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aparently there's an issue with my sig

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkwudzhom

I really think it is petty. If Chris is cool with it then the rest have no say. I think the biggest problem you should have is deciding which trail they should take when you tell them to take a hike.

There are a heck of a lot more important things in this world to worry about. Like picking out the right shade of green when painting ya truck. Now THAT is something to get picky about!

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Patracy, keep it like it is and keep up the outstanding work you are doing.:beer:

You will have nitpickers and crybabies taking shots at the "Top Dogs" no matter what you do or don't do.
It's human nature and is to be expected.

Your sig line is OK by me and so are you...but you didn't hear that from me.:)

zout

I could care less what your signature says as I do not read them.

When I do not have a life anymore and can do nothing but spend endless hours on here with no other life function and can get nitpicky about anything I will pm you before this change takes effect - till then you are safe with me.

Mentioned before - Chris owns the site and as Forest Gump would say "That is all I have to say about that."

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well I want opinions about not only the sig, but also me "pimping" the company.

Nobody on the site has a problem when John Doe, say "go to Eriks" or "White Owl" rocks, or "C&C equipment" is the best or "Hundy" is the greatest or "Eastern" got me a part when no-one else could. I could go on and on. I'd leave it stand. If someone has an issue with it, they know where the door is.

100dollarman

No Problem here-- Keep on keepin' on!:beer:

You are not just 'pimpin'. I see you offering items for sale, but also look at it as you doing members a service by having those items available to them to purchase.

Not to mention all of the website work you do here--- much appreciated!

I always refer tire customers over to you when I get calls from the South East.

THX!

Maverick1701

This is not, or should not, be any kind of issue at all. And if it is, I would simply look to the "source" of the "problem". Therein lies the problem.

There should not be any penalites for being an Admin, nor a Mod.
Agreed...I would think that people would have more important things to do than whine about something like this on an internet forum.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I concur.
Well I know what Chris says goes, but I try to be transparent in my actions. Same reason I kinda pass things along when there's any question about money for advertising with the site. (I do that so there's no question of monies accepted and vendorships/advertising accounts. I just don't want things to get messy where I would accept money on Chris' behalf. Not that I'd ever try to pocket or skim anything. I just don't like handling someone else's money without their being a checks and balances system.) I'm honestly not concerned what someone would think of me over the internet. (I've been on forums for a while now) But I do want my actions to be clear with our member base. I guess the "abuse" of my powers have consisted of a few similes I've posted up, but I hope everyone knows they're just in good fun.

No Problem here-- Keep on keepin' on!:beer:

You are not just 'pimpin'. I see you offering items for sale, but also look at it as you doing members a service by having those items available to them to purchase.

Not to mention all of the website work you do here--- much appreciated!

I always refer tire customers over to you when I get calls from the South East.

THX!
Likewise sir! We do the same when someone from the west coast asks for tires. It's just better for all the parties involved that way! :beer:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO, Thats the American way. Advertising no matter how its done is usually done by word of mouth. Nowadays most word of mouth is done over the INTERNET. Who really cares how its done and your position on this web site is a kudos for you and your business.

You can't please everyone all the times, as long as no one is getting hurt I say " Go for what you know hoe" in a matter of speaking. lol

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This isn't a democracy so if Chris says it is okay then that's the final word.

I don't have a problem with it either way.

Most of the sensible members here have better things to do than pick on your signature.

paradeduty

I think that the most honest thing that has been said here yet is that THERE SHOULD BE NO PENALTY FOR BEING A MODERATOR/ADMINISTRATOR - I mean really, do you think that SS is going to be lucky enough to find people who (A) are as skilled and competant as our "staff" is and (B) are willing to put themselves potentially in "harm's way" and take some of the Cr-p that gets bounced back on them by putting MORE restrictions, etc., on what VOLUNTEERING their time is going to cost them. Again - really?

I for one have limited time with work and family and all. So, the more advertising in whatever fashion the better! The less time I have to spend "searching" for whatnot, the more time I have to ENJOY this hobby - and for most of us it is probably just that - a HOBBY - so get over it and have fun!

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No issue as far as I am concerned and do not see how anyone else could have one. The whole purpose of this forum is to share knowledge and give each other help. Letting us know where something we might need or want and where it is available is part of that. It is a link that lets us know where something is and if we are not interested we do not have to click on it. It simply refers us to a vendors website where we can look to see if there is anything we are looking for and at what price. It is great I looked at it once and although at this time did not get anything I now know where I can find something if I need it later. I thank you for your help and info. Eddy

Jeff Nelson

Honorable men and women deal with each other up front and with a handshake. I think the fact that you were up front about it when, as others have said, you really weren't required to do so, says as much as I need to know about you. My impression is that you have three functions: moderator, contributor, and vendor. I would imagine you know how to keep each in its proper place. I'd say press on...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really don't care what some others think.

We run this site, not them.

I don't think this thread needs to exist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks