• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"The government has a hold on your item"

Ratch

Anyone else experience this?
GL customer service doesn't know jack about a hold, but my site contact will not schedule me a pickup time because he says the government just issued a hold on it, and all the other units in the same sale event.

I've paid for it already, had a decent window of opportunity for the past 10 days to run down there early morning for it, and will likely not be able to pick it up for several weeks after this week if it goes through.

Should I expect to have to go get this unit, or consider it re-absorbed by the government?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure yet, but it looks like the item you bought and paid for, Uncle Sam changes it's mind and now wants to keep. I've heard horror stories about this in the past, sometimes folks don't get their money back.

I'm sure GL will give you more information in the near future about your winnings. Good luck, hope it works out well, that you either get your item, or get a refund.

quickfarms

File a claim with GL and ask for a refund. They will run you around for a while but if you are persistant they will refund your money.

I recentally had a lot "pulled by staff" and never got a strait answer but I did get my money back in a couple of months.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen "hold" occur before.

surfdog

I had a deuce that was on a "v" hold for weekstwo years ago. Never got a straight answer what that meant.

Eventually it got released and I immediately ran to pick it up in case they changed their mind....

flyxpl

I had two deuces from the same lot on hold . The rumor was they were check the gauges for radiation . The hold lasted about two weeks .

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is actually not that uncommon on stuff that is still current issue. As has been said above, it would help to know what kind of item we are dealing with.

tstone

I had a radio shelter put on hold by the government 2 weeks ago out of Ft. Meade. All of the other bidders on the same items (about 6 units) were also put on "hold". I tried to make an appointment to pick up the unit and was told the item was to be used for a mission and that GL would contact me. No e-mail or other contact from GL.I am planning a call and an e-mail to them next week.

Ratch

Sorry, didnt get email notification on this one for some reason.

I had a radio shelter put on hold by the government 2 weeks ago out of Ft. Meade. All of the other bidders on the same items (about 6 units) were also put on "hold". I tried to make an appointment to pick up the unit and was told the item was to be used for a mission and that GL would contact me. No e-mail or other contact from GL.I am planning a call and an e-mail to them next week.
Same event, radio/electronics shelter. I'll be a little irked if it clears and they stripped the interior. The guts were half the reason I bought it.

It looks like an extremely convenient hunting trip camper....

Ratch

File a claim with GL and ask for a refund. They will run you around for a while but if you are persistant they will refund your money.

I recentally had a lot "pulled by staff" and never got a strait answer but I did get my money back in a couple of months.
A couple months?!? What's wrong with this outfit?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ratch,
GL is making money on their (your) money, so it takes some time to get it back. DH is correct, this happens often. When the deuce instrument gauges thing first started, one member here actually had his pickup documents, arrived, loaded up and got it home before the local GL rep got the word about the hold. They wanted for him to bring it back, but he didn't. Everybody else had to wait about six months to pick up their trucks.

Ratch

Well, the government is keeping the shelter for now... I was promised a refund "within 3-4 days", and it still hasn't been refunded 6 biz days later. Think I'll be banned from future bidding if I disoute the credit card charge?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think I'll be banned from future bidding if I disoute the credit card charge?
Yes, you will more than likely be banned. I'd call them and check on it, then wait a few more days if I wanted to participate in future auctions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks