• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An American Deuce in Canada

The King Machine

Hello KingMachine. I am also from the lower mainland and would be VERY interested in learing about your purchase price, how you got the truck to Canada, and any other info you can give me. Did you have to have it safety inspected? Where there any other hurdles you had to go through? Any info you could give me would be cool. Thanks and please keep posting those cool pics!
I'm heading into get the safety inspection, I'll let you know how it goes. My truck will be insured for pleasure and have collector status. Used not for commercial. Because of it's weight I need the commercial inspection.

Get your truck, we'll have a fire and drink beer.

The King Machine

See thats why i want a Deuce for right there out doors on the trails haveing fun i like the lights you added
You know it, nothing breaks trail like a deuce. It just has style and belongs among the trees and mud.
I do some hunting and quading, prefer to be away from the city.
Everyman should own one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qkhYkrQsI1E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJfUvZDBS-s&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H9KHLxDOZjM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zT3n8zKmZkE#!

NEEDS LOCKERS

Attachments

Last edited:

charlietango

i had no problems getting mine safetied. I've done about the same work you did. Don't concern yourself too much with the oil leaking, it tends to be normal. The old saying 'if its leaking its good, if its not leaking you're screwed!' My main seal was leaking pretty bad onto my clutch. The seal restore oil additive actually softened her up enough to re-seal for now, surprisingly. New clutch and main seal in the box on standby.

Get that **** thing back in high-transfer and step on the gas! HI-TC works better in the snow I find. pound it out, step on the pedal lol. Those 395's need to spin and throw

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

So are those two different Deuces, one Camo and one Black? I didn't see the snorkel on the camo one and the rims are different. I am going to do the snorkel upgrade in the next few weeks! Can't wait, it looks cool.

Either way both trucks look great!

The King Machine

its the same truck, the snorkel I'm re-working. I'm going to get it bent up out of large diameter exhaust pipe. The scoop I made clogged with foliage to easy, often it would trip the alert in the cab. I may mount the mushroom top on it but It dont look as good.

13thArmy

As usual your rig is WICKED King Machine. Keep us up to date on new pics and any info you can give me on getting one of those trucks to Canada...8)

DeucesWild11

I can see that happening as you go through the woods, I am going with the Donaldson Snorkel as listed in this thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?87196-m35a2-Ram-Air-Snorkel/page6&highlight=ram+snorkel My post #58 lists where you can get one, it's very hard to find one that fits a 4" tube. This one has a grill over the front so that may help your problem.

I currently have my exhaust tubing shipping in the mail, I should have it next week. I am going to weld it all together to get a more seamless look. At least that's the plan.

Best of luck with yours!

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eastern side of Canada checking in. Nice ride you've got. I am thinking the same route here of importing a deuce from down south. There are so few Canadian deuces out there and if they come up for sale, they are very expensive.

charlietango

Nice! I thought you had a soft top..where did that mount in?

I usually use the cockpit lights. They mount on a quick detach to the dash and the curly cord adds some exploration length when you realize your keys vibrated behind the seat. 24V . some change from red to white. some are greenish. Some even come in LED now.
633939491_tp.jpg737-400 cockpit reading light with socket.JPGCockpitLight.jpg

The King Machine

I had thought about one of those and did some searching on them. The bars that support the soft top just above the back of the drivers head. They were spaced almost perfect for the light. Installed a quick connect for when I pull the top off.
With the new seats I've lost an Ipod down the slot with the high low transfer case handle. So I keep a close eye on my keys. Made alot more room between them, Ive mounted my rifle mounts right between the seats on the back wall. I've got some pics of my two CZ858's mounted in. I think we get in trouble around here posting pics of our rifles though? Another addition was a 50 cal. ammo can for a storage space. I tack welded some holders on the top lid so I can have a spot for a six pack to sit.

Nice! I thought you had a soft top..where did that mount in?

I usually use the cockpit lights. They mount on a quick detach to the dash and the curly cord adds some exploration length when you realize your keys vibrated behind the seat. 24V . some change from red to white. some are greenish. Some even come in LED now.
View attachment 412032View attachment 412033View attachment 412034

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks