• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An American Deuce in Canada

sparragh

Well I fired up the deuce last week (-25) and went out in the fields to try to eliminate some of those pesky coyotes. I was surprised that the heater worked quite well. However I will definitely will have to replace all the cab seals this spring.

The King Machine

A few winter wonderland pictures.
This old girl has so much to give.

So much respect. If you have a willing and able operator. She will perform.

I buggered up my passenger side fender a bit. So just have to add that to the list.............of things to do.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not Ocean/ Mountain pics but close to both. Where did you find the snow?

If that's in Vancouver I'm changing plans.

I always wondered where they grew 12" long sticks but why are you driving on them? That'll just drive the price up on 12" long sticks.

SaskCanuck

Nice wheels King....and surprised by the number of Canucks on here eh! Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, good stuff! Thought we had the market cornered on snow out here but it looks like the Westerners have some too. Great pics!!

The King Machine

Not Ocean/ Mountain pics but close to both. Where did you find the snow?

If that's in Vancouver I'm changing plans.

I always wondered where they grew 12" long sticks but why are you driving on them? That'll just drive the price up on 12" long sticks.

Those are the stumps in the corn field lol

The first pic is up in the mountains behind the old Britannia beach mine. That haze in the back ground is a cloud not fog haha
We have had very little snow here this year. Even our local mountains have taken a beating.

Last edited:

The King Machine

Hey guys,

Just checking in.

Took the truck out off roading again, always a hit in among the 4x4 groups. She yanked out a number of stuck trucks.
The deuce was asked to haul portions of a retired Military Bailey Bridge for group of people building an off road trail network. No sweat.
For the first time this year I was able to drop the top and let the hair flow in the wind, I love spring in summer with the Deuce.
The King Deuce also ran into an old friend. This 1993 M35a3 has been sitting in a field for a couple of years. I'm sad to see it not being put to the test. You can really see the difference in tires. Personally I like the look of the larger ones

I might buy her........

Convoy!!!!

Attachments

The King Machine

Well I'm still at it up here representing the south. Took the truck out to local 4x4 event, got her pretty dirty. She performed well and pulled out at least 6 stuck trucks. Good times.
I also got my cargo cover installed. The super rope was brittle so I had to use bungee cords for the time being, I have since replaced the bungees with a proper tie down.
The truck is running good, I still have an oil leak I need to address. All in time.

I also picked up a 1998 M103 trailer, I mounted my com's shelter on it .

Attachments

Last edited:

The King Machine

The trailer looks good, I'll paint it to match the truck and convert it into the ultimate off road camp trailer.
This is my friends Mercedes 5 ton military truck. It's nice to drive but a lot bigger of a truck.

We will convoy out and explore more remote mountain lakes and hot springs.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we should talk about some timing there Kingmachine because this plowboy heading west to Powell River. Pulling a skidsteer and some tools from the prairies to the ocean front and should have the weekend and part of next week to visit.

Trying to get the horseshoe ferry by Friday morning at the latest and will try and visit Stan Le in North Van on the way....maybe Thursday eve.

Love to hook that Mercedes to the Duramax in some sand and watch it pull. Contact PM sent.

XchaosX

Did you get your upgrades done this winter that you wanted to do? Any inside pics of s250 shelter? I just picked one and I'm going to turn it into a camper too.

Ravenv1

The trailer looks good, I'll paint it to match the truck and convert it into the ultimate off road camp trailer.
This is my friends Mercedes 5 ton military truck. It's nice to drive but a lot bigger of a truck.

We will convoy out and explore more remote mountain lakes and hot springs.
@ king machine............looking to hook up with someone with similar equip. I live in surrey and have acquired a M923, doesn't seem to be too many owners up here. I was wandering if that was you trucking down the No1 on the weekend with the top off, Pt Kells area.

Raven

The King Machine

So I think the clutch in my deuce might be toast. Off the top of my head I believe it may have been contaminated with oil. It was a rapid decay, over the course of a 50 km drive the clutch went from slipping in 4 th and 5 th to now slipping in 2nd and 3rd gears between the 1500 and 2300 rpm range.
I haven't torn into it yet but because of the rapid decay I suspect oil is the cause

We will see

sparragh

Sounds like oil contaimation. I had the same problem so I did the FDC bypass and attached a long hose to the slobber tube. Try and spray a can o brake clean in the bell housing followed by dawn detergent and water then followed by lots of clean rinse water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks