• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upcoming downtime this weekend

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't like the CMPS module at all, The "page" isn't gone either. You can do the same thing with new posts button on the top bar. I'm trying to upgrade CMPS now though.
But we are getting all the classified new posts as well , I would rather not have go though them on the main page.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Should be "back to normal" now.

CMPS to act like it did/does needs to have the default index file replaced with it's own version of it.

BTW, that link I posted previous will not work since the file has replaced index.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Even though this was pretty much a non-event (other than the CMPS main page display I had to figure out). I will have to upgrade MySQL soon as well. Due to work, I can't really commit to the time the first of this week. And Saturday I have plans for a parade. So I'm thinking thursday or friday will be the window of the database upgrade. This is needed to address security concerns. I'm still gathering info at this time, I'd like to see how far I can push MySQL to lay some groundwork for vBulletin 4.X upgrade that is coming. That way we spread the downtime over a few windows instead of a very lengthy single one.

Just sharing what's on my whiteboard right now. I'll let everyone know more as things develop.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everybody that is important will be at Haspin, so take it down then... We won't miss it, too busy drinking, eating, and getting stuck.

mactiredearg

You know, I could easily "take my ball home". :whistle:
Please please please don't. I ran a big site for years and years and know how hard it is to get someone to help out, let alone one as skilled and dedicated as you. We all appreciate you hard work!

Btw what version of MySQL you going from/to?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks