• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military tents?

infantsoldier

16x16 expandable tent frame

Anyone know of any fabrication plans/detailed specs for the OE frame for the
I would really like to make my own frame to save on shipping but i would like to make it as close to real thing as possible.

olly69

I had a command tent, it was 11x11 feet, heavy vinyl with separate cold weather liner, vestibule and floor. Easy to put together, but really needs 2-3 people to make it easy to do. Would be great in cold weather, especially with a Yukon stove.
I just purchased a 11 X 11, it came with a liner (2 pcs) and was wondering if there are any videos or pictures of how it all goes up? The TM 10-8340-225-10 manual isn't very clear (the pictures anyways). Have you seen anything that can help a rookie like me? Thanks.

B3.3T

I just purchased a 11 X 11, it came with a liner (2 pcs) and was wondering if there are any videos or pictures of how it all goes up? The TM 10-8340-225-10 manual isn't very clear (the pictures anyways). Have you seen anything that can help a rookie like me? Thanks.
There are step by step instruction on the lid of the frame bag. If you don't have that, let me know, I will photograph mine. Pretty straightforward, really. Easy for two. I love mine.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The modular command posts (11x11) are great tents AS LONG AS you take your time with the frame when putting it up and taking it down. Screw up the frame, and your done. I have one that I love, but I saw many of them get screwed up by soldiers who were rough on them. I like the modularity of them, allowing you to put as many doors, windows, plain walls or boots as you like and to connect the tents. The boot walls make for great vestibules. I have the M577 and HMMWV bootwalls.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...bootwall-info&highlight=modular+comnmand+post

CNKILLERCLOWN

I own a small GP tent. I paid $200 for the tent complete. It is made of canvas and I agree the vinyl versions are not that great. They don't breathe very well. Down here in the Deep South I have a pair of portable surplus A/C packs to use with it. Pretty nice setup.

Last edited:

olly69

There are step by step instruction on the lid of the frame bag. If you don't have that, let me know, I will photograph mine. Pretty straightforward, really. Easy for two. I love mine.
Hate to bother you, but how do you patch these tents? I see a few small holes, perhaps .375" diameter?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The most important thing is to look closely at the joints and make sure you are bending them in a manner that they can bend. Sounds basic and rudimentary but many frames get broken for this very reason. Take your time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks