• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL's larger photos snafu - calling GL...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's nice that GL is now using larger photos on many auctions - the only problem is the GL website picture viewer will not maximize to show the entire photo (one has to use horizontal and vertical sliders to view each photo).

Hey GL, can you fix that?

blybrook

I opened the mini browser to a full size browser by clicking the maximize button in the upper right corner and the photos seemed to fit the screen just fine. I am running firefox though, maybe it's allowing me a different choice than IE or one of the other browsers.

If I was trying to use that mini browser it was a PIA! I do like the larger photos though!

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Copy the link, then paste it in a full size window.
That worked after I copied the photo link to my address box (but still had to use my vertical slider to see very top or very bottom) - thanks...

...but that method is a "work-around" and...

...GL needs to fix this for us IE users - either allow us to "maximize" the pic viewer or allow us to re-size it by clicking on the sides/top/bottom and "manually" expand the viewer box.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I opened the mini browser to a full size browser by clicking the maximize button in the upper right corner and the photos seemed to fit the screen just fine. I am running firefox though, maybe it's allowing me a different choice than IE or one of the other browsers.

If I was trying to use that mini browser it was a PIA! I do like the larger photos though!
On my laptop running IE ver 8, the maximize box is "grayed out", so not clickable.

I should switch over to another web browser though...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe try contacting GL. :wink:

DieselBob

It's not just a IE thing. I am running Firefox with Linux and even maximizing the view doesn't totally eliminate the need for the scroll bars. Oh well, another improvement.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you run IE 9, you can open a blank tab and "drag" the picture from the GL window into the full size tab. It's a work around, but then you can use the browser back and forward arrows to scroll through them full size, after you have dragged them all in.

Personally, I prefer the larger photos, regardless of the hassle..., but it would be nice if they allowed me to maximize it in place.

Last edited:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you run IE 9, you can open a blank tab and "drag" the picture from the GL window into the full size tab. It's a work around, but then you can use the browser back and forward arrows to scroll through them full size, after you have dragged them all in.

Personally, I prefer the larger photos, regardless of the hassle..., but it would be nice if they allowed me to maximize it in place.
Hmm, I tried the dragging to new tab, but couldn't get it to work...

However, I did "discover" another "work-around" that is pretty easy:

* Pull up the original GL photo viewer
* Right-click off to the side of the photo (not on the actual photo)
* Right Click Menu pops up
* Select: "Open Frame In New Window"
* Another photo viewer pops up and it can be maximized (but have to scroll up/down a bit - not a show stopper though)

NOTE: You can close original photo viewer or leave in place till you're finished.

* sigh * for what GL makes from us, we shouldn't have to do these "computer gymnastics"...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks