• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 Turbo Conversion in M923

350TacoZilla

I havent heard of that problem but it makes sense. Seems shimming gives more pressure on spring, more fuel pressure and more rpm so by almost doubling flow you would lose some pressure and possibly some rpm.

162tcat

I've got about 5,000 miles on my turbo setup and love it! Initially I just added the turbo with no fuel mods. That gave a slight increase but cleared up the smoke. After about 1,000 miles I swapped the 27 button out for a 20 and added 1 shim to gain some RPM. That made all the different in the world. I hauled a load of 9 ecology blocks on my equipment trailer and the truck did great. I hit the scales at 64,180 lbs. It pulled almost as good loaded as it did when stock and empty. Where you really notice the difference is on hills, I can keep a decent speed now.

srodocker

Defiantly need to do something like this when my truck is done. Being a m928 quad cab with dual fuel tanks and all the extra gear. When its done of course. Shes already really heavy stock ha!

162tcat

Srodocker,

I see your not too far from me. I've pulled the Nisqually hill on I5 up toward hawks prairie with my equipment trailer and excavator in tow (about 22k plus truck weight) and was still going 40 mph by the time I hit the Hawks Prairie exit. Before the turbo, it would barely do that empty. I'm also running 53's which doesn't help but with the turbo and #20 button, it keeps up now.

srodocker

Dang! I would be pulling that hill a bunch. Where are you located? Yea I have 53s as well. Im defiantly now wanting to do this mod!

Im basically setting this truck to do the dune trip to oregon and to do expo shows and such.

162tcat

I'm in Olympia. The main reason I did the turbo mod was to clear up the obnoxious smoke, the extra power was an added benefit. I bought a complete 335 and took all of the parts needed from that. The turbo is sized right for the power level I was after. I'll probably add an air to air intercooler some day but for now, it works great.

jdknech

I did a #5 cam button and a 2500 rpm spring and made a big difference. I am going to add the turbo next.

Someone did a dual fuel line? Will this help?
are you meaning a fuel button?? and is this on the 855 cummins, or the 8.3L?? because that is a MASSIVE amount of fuel.. i hope you have a pyro.. I put a #15 in mine and it get a tad warm sometimes..

162tcat

I did the dual fuel mod at the same time as the turbo install. I can't comment on if it made a difference or not since lots of other changes were made at the same time.

I wouldn't run a #5 and spin 2500 RPM, that's living on the edge. It must make massive smoke too.

plumbingbuddy

It is the 855 cummins, I did install a pyrometer. Working great with no heating problems. A friend of mine did the same #5 cam button on his with a turbo about a year ago, the only time he has any issues is on a long hill, he has to back off the throttle a little.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks