• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to all of this paperwork stuff could use some help

MESHL57492

I had a friend bid on and win a trailer (m1102) I wanted on GL. My questions are as followed. The trailer was bought in NY state I live in PA. Would it be easier for my friend to title the trailer in NY state and then transfer the title to me in PA or just have him Title it in PA and transfer it over to me? If anybody has titled surplus in Pa before I would like to hear your thoughts or tricks on making it go smoothly.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since your friend bought the trailer he will have to apply and pay for the SF-97 from GL using his account.

They will send him the SF-97 (eventually) and he can take that to his local DMV and get it titled.

He can then sell it to you and you can title it in your name.

This is the legal way to do it.

Your milage may vary.

Admin note. In some states it is not necessary to title a single axle trailer. Check with your local DMV and see. If you don't need to title it you should be able to register it with a bill of sale.

Again......YMMV.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a truck for my Brother one time. It turned into a paperwork mess and cost a bunch more money passing it through me because everything had to go in my name and then transferred to him.

I told him the next time to get his own account.

gungearz

Sounds like your going to have to wait the same amount of time anyway. By the time it goes thru and your brother gets the title to cross it over to you. You may have been better off doing everything in your name.... Good luck.

3dAngus

It would have been faster and better if you bid on it yourself.

Also, you have to qualify to purchase it. If not an American citizen, or if a felon, for instance, you cannot purchase it from your friend, or he will be in a heap of trouble. Also, you leave him with the burden of keeping records on the sale now, in case the Feds want to come in and review the purchase. You didn't do him any favors. He did you plenty. It will cost you more time in the long run. Sorry, but this whole plan was ill conceived.

gungearz

It would have been faster and better if you bid on it yourself.

Also, you have to qualify to purchase it. If not an American citizen, or if a felon, for instance, you cannot purchase it from your friend, or he will be in a heap of trouble. Also, you leave him with the burden of keeping records on the sale now, in case the Feds want to come in and review the purchase. You didn't do him any favors. He did you plenty. It will cost you more time in the long run. Sorry, but this whole plan was ill conceived.
Agreed...

3dAngus

I'm American citizen and not a felon so there isn't going to be a problem.
I apologize. I didn't mean to imply that in any way. I just intended that post for the broader audience, where they would know the ramifications of doing such a thing on an EUC coded item. I know of some folks from down South of the Border that would love to have some of these trailers, but it's NO, NO, NO.

You're OK in my book. Just a first timer learning the ropes and I was there at one time too.
Welcome to SS and the green addiction. And congratulations on your first trailer. You made a good choice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks