• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buying items from Fort Hood Texas

sniperboy

I am going to Ft. Hood next week and noticed that someone posted here a few weeks ago (did a search and can't find it now) that he went there to buy things (wheels, tires etc.) Can I just go there and buy things or is there a GL depot there. I guess my question is - how would I buy something from Ft Hood and where would I start asking for info once I got on post?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can only buy from GL. Only thru the auctions

There are some guys around Ft Hood that have stuff for sale.

K9Vic

There is a place in Gatesville that sells surplus stuff that pretty much all comes from Fort Hood. I did a search here as well and did not find very good information on the place. The place that has surplus from Ft Hood is Gatesville Army Navy Surplus near the state prison on Hwy 36 & Farm to Market 929/County Road 246. Do not go to the listed address, that is the old place. Last time I was there I spent about $200 on stuff and wish I would have bough more.

I found this on the web, this may help find others places.
"Army Navy Stores and Army Surplus in texas."

sniperboy

K9Vic - thank you very much for the link. That was exactilly what I was looking for. My daughter and I take a couple of days and go to Ft Hood every year just to shop Army Surplus stores. I only know of a couple, but now I have a whole list to go to. I'm also going to Liberty Hill to get a few things from Lynn thanks to SS great web site.

Cooltex24

He is still there, built a new building right next to the old bar and the sale barn. And if you don't see what you want there, just ask, he has three or four HUGE yards out in the county. Nice guy to deal with, just can't find his card or number on me at work. I am 30 min north of him, so I can stop by if someone needs me to.

Scott

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old thread but I thought I'd add that Mr Harvey is pretty much retired now, his store is no longer open.

The other place mentioned above is right next to 1216 Tx36, he's still in business (closed sunday and monday).

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks