• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

trukhead

Privet USSR! Great to see you posting again! I always enjoy your posts! I came back when I saw your thread notification in the email.

I am going to post some videos of my CUCV engine swap soon.

trukhead

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1960 ZIL.jpgPackard 56.jpg On the left is a 1960 Russian Zil Convertible, and on the right a 1956 Packard Convertible. Very similar. The new "Cortege" car may be elegant looking, but the old cars are cool looking. The 1960 Zil V8 is very similar to the 1955-56 Packard 352 V8.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
July 13th
Today is an interesting day in History according to the HISTORY CHANNEL's daily email "THIS DAY IN HISTORY".

https://www.history.com/this-day-in...a7642e8fe3993c77599ab617aee23d3ecf26cd4928376

Here's the content of that link...

Largest tank battle in history ends

The Battle of Kursk, involving some 6,000 tanks, two million men, and 5,000 aircraft, ends with the German offensive repulsed by the Soviets at heavy cost.

In early July, Germany and the USSR concentrated their forces near the city of Kursk in western Russia, site of a 150-mile-wide Soviet pocket that jutted 100 miles into the German lines. The German attack began on July 5, and 38 divisions, nearly half of which were armored, began moving from the south and the north. However, the Soviets had better tanks and air support than in previous battles, and in bitter fighting Soviet antitank artillery destroyed as much as 40 percent of the German armor, which included their new Mark VI Tiger tanks. After six days of warfare concentrated near Prokhorovka, south of Kursk, the German Field Marshal Gunther von Kluge called off the offensive, and by July 23 the Soviets had forced the Germans back to their original positions.

In the beginning of August, the Soviets began a major offensive around the Kursk salient, and within a few weeks the Germans were in retreat all along the eastern front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks