• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

Katahdin

Thanks for posting these pictures, you guys out East definitely make some rugged military equipment! If cost, distance, and parts availablity weren't a limiting factor I'd be tempted to purchase and restore a surplus Ural truck.

USSR

Thanks for posting these pictures, you guys out East definitely make some rugged military equipment! If cost, distance, and parts availablity weren't a limiting factor I'd be tempted to purchase and restore a surplus Ural truck.
Ural - a very good truck))
You drive GAZ-66? This is an inexpensive and very reliable truck ( off-road) ....:driver:

USSR

Highly recommended for viewing - ATVs (civil & military, a series of "Cayman")

Russian off-road vehicles "Cayman" part1
[media] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFJr9oBt0o[/media] [/media]

part 2

[media] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmNStM3OMM&feature=relmfu[/media] [/media]

trukhead

Highly recommended for viewing - ATVs (civil & military, a series of "Cayman")

Russian off-road vehicles "Cayman" part1
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFJr9oBt0o[/media] [/media]

part 2

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzmNStM3OMM&feature=relmfu[/media] [/media]
I want the KANMAH 3 soo bad!:mrgreen:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you mean?

I believe he means this:

A lot of us here in the states are older and served in the US military during the years of the Cold War, and spent most of their time training with our weapons to use AGAINST Soviet-made vehicles and other objects, since it was thought to be inevitable that our forces would either fight the Soviet Union in WW3, or we'd be fighting another 3rd world nation that was armed with Soviet-era weapons. He didn't mean anything against you or Russia. He was speaking in jest that he had all this training with the TOW anti-armor weapon against potential Soviet vehicles, that it's hard to not look at them and think "wow, I wish I had my old TOW right now."

Just my two cents about the conversation. I like the vehicles, Russia always made some good stuff. A little weird sometimes, but they were rugged.

USSR

I believe he means this:

A lot of us here in the states are older and served in the US military during the years of the Cold War, and spent most of their time training with our weapons to use AGAINST Soviet-made vehicles and other objects, since it was thought to be inevitable that our forces would either fight the Soviet Union in WW3, or we'd be fighting another 3rd world nation that was armed with Soviet-era weapons. He didn't mean anything against you or Russia. He was speaking in jest that he had all this training with the TOW anti-armor weapon against potential Soviet vehicles, that it's hard to not look at them and think "wow, I wish I had my old TOW right now."

Just my two cents about the conversation. I like the vehicles, Russia always made some good stuff. A little weird sometimes, but they were rugged.
Unfortunately weapons of our countries are constantly engaged in battles and rivalry (((.
Your tanks and Israeli Merkava Abrams against the Russian RPG 32 or F-35s against our T-50 ...
I do not want to go into politics is a dirty business .. I am for peace))))
As Sting sang: "... Russians love their children too ..."

USSR

Marine Corps (Sakhalin)
So many warships off the coast of Sakhalin Island in the last time you saw or a dozen years ago. In the Bay Bay became a whole group of forces of the Pacific Fleet. Large and small anti-submarine ships, minesweepers, destroyers - they are all gathered here today to cover the landing of Marines...

Attachments

USSR

To the aid mariners are of armored personnel carriers, self-propelled artillery. From the air, landing fire support work helicopter and gunships attack aircraft. According to legend - on this coast of Sakhalin large entrenched gangs. Destroy that - the main purpose of amphibious assault.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks