• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Owners, Stand up and be Recognized!

70deuce

Nice video! Maybe we'll get some snow this year...maybe, haha.

What camera are you using?
GoPro Hero3. For 1Patriot yeh this thing to me gets up and goes. I adjusted the governor to about 2300 RPM and that made all the difference. It had been hit or miss on the 5th gear lockup like it was searching. Now it goes right through the gears smoothly I might add and will lock up every time. If I remember at 55 its cruising at 1700 RPM. Don't know what the 0-50 time is but for 38,000 lbs it gets on it. The big test to me is how it starts rolling on hills. As soon as the turbo comes in its moving and accelerating.

70deuce

Great movie. Seen it a bunch of times. Dennis Weaver in the car if I remember right. Funny you showed this view. Working on an extension off the front of the wrecker that will give that view.

Hoefler

Hoefler, I see your doing some dirt work, you using the wrecker to pack the dirt? I use my wrecker all the time to pack our dirt road and other dirt work projects.[thumbzup]
The wrecker works great for packing the new dirt work. The rear of this thing is very heavy and works like a roller on the dirt.
Pete

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GoPro Hero3. For 1Patriot yeh this thing to me gets up and goes. I adjusted the governor to about 2300 RPM and that made all the difference. It had been hit or miss on the 5th gear lockup like it was searching. Now it goes right through the gears smoothly I might add and will lock up every time. If I remember at 55 its cruising at 1700 RPM. Don't know what the 0-50 time is but for 38,000 lbs it gets on it. The big test to me is how it starts rolling on hills. As soon as the turbo comes in its moving and accelerating.
How do I adjust the governor? I really need to turn the fuel up too...

waayfast

IMG_2037.jpgWell, yes--new wrecker owner here. Asleep at the switch as usual------. Got this little feller home in 2015.

Starts, runs drives --in need of lots of TLC but loads of fun. Handy around the place and also doubles nicely as a Hummingbird feeder stand---

1945 Ward LaFrance M1A1 Heavy Wrecker.

Jim

Attachments

waayfast

waayfasst that is a beautiful truck. Going to restore her?
Thank you Scott!Well, that is the long range plan but for now it is very handy for working on all the other projects around here that are ahead of it. LOL!!
Have traded a neighbor out of some custom cut red fir lumber for the deck and side boards. A buddy that manufactures plasma cutting tables that has offered to cut some tool box doors and other pieces for me. Have found and purchased a few "trinkets" as well.

SSOOOooooo just a little at a time.

Jim

waayfast

Needed a stand for feeding the hummingbirds, is that why you made the buy?

:naner::beer:
Ahab, yes we actually did use it to hang a Humming bird feeder. Dang thing came blue colored and the birds wanted nothing to do with it so I offered to paint it red. Hung it from the hook and spray canned it. It worked!! So we just left it on there. The birds were safe from the cats around here as well, LOL.

"Sargent Major Brown" (girl friend /fiancée) was impressed!

She not only supported the purchase of the Ward but also helped with the financing since it came up suddenly and we were just getting back to work. She was battling cancer at the time but still thought the "Hummingbird Feeder stand" was pretty cool. Just the way she was.

Jim

Turbo Detroit

Well seeing as I don’t drive it out on the road and mainly use it for changing engines and working on heavy equipment and rarely take it outa low range never had a issue. But thanks for keeping my best interests in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo Detroit

Think you notice a REAL road power issue with the 16.00s also a good chance of a stopping issue as well
I went back and reread my reply and I meant no disrespect, I’m straight forward and have been told I don’t have a filter per say, I have driven out to get fuel a few times and it’s lacking quiet a bit in power with the 16.00’s but I keep the brakes adjusted and don’t really have a stopping problem, but again I couldn’t win any races but what I use it for I wanted the ground clearance and traction and so far I haven’t had any issues in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

Ga National Guard let's me operate a M984A4 from time to time. I guess it helps that I'm pulling their stuff as the Maintenance Platoon Sergeant for my unit. I couldn't afford it otherwise.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks