• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pay it forward forum - Rules

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the pay it forward forum of the classifieds. This section is to allow all members to post up anything free they wish to "pay it forwards" with. The rules are simple. This section isn't for sale items or want ads. Just simply a place for people to post up anything that is free to help another member out with. Members may request payment of shipping fees. But please do not ask for "handling" fees.

And REMEMBER no WEAPONS, no weapon STUFF

1. NO WEAPONS in the Classifieds
    The OWNER of SS has made it VERY clear, NO WEAPONS
    From the SITE RULES
    • "Do not post material dealing with the sale or use of alcohol, tobacco, or FIREARMS. The exception to the rule would be the discussion of rifle mounts or ring-mounts."
    If we keep it to MV weapons only (for display purposes), it will keep this simple.
    No weapons whole or parts, unless vintage/period correct and demilled (for MV displays).
    This MEANS NO WEAPON related ads, either weapon parts, part or full trade for weapons, or weapons for trade.

Thanks!
Drew

To further clarify deleting ads:

When it comes to classifieds, you can delete your ad buy clicking on the administrative tab on the top right of your first post in the thread. You'll have an option to delete the thread if it's within 90 days of your original post. Outside of 90 days, you'll not have this option. The best approach to that would be to click on the report post button at the bottom section of your first post that has the ! mark. Then simply type a message to have the thread deleted. This will send a new post to the staff forum that way multiple eyes can see it. This also applies to editing posts. Within 90 days, you may edit. Outside 90 days, you'll have to report the post and have the staff edit it for you.

Pruning. Classified ads are pruned once a week. Currently this pruning looks at the last post date of the thread. If a reply to the thread isn't made in 30 days, it will be deleted automatically. There is no restore for this. It is up to sellers to tend to their ads when it comes to deleting when sold, or "bumping" to maintain them on the site.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4's self imposed rules for PIF. Many know I like the PIF idea. I've done from keys to engines to trailers. Here is my deal and I'll remind everyone everytime I list something. Anything I PIF, I will pay the shipping. To prevent hoarding and hoarders, if anyone wants anything I offer, they are going to have to offer up something at that time and cover the shipping just like I'm doing to them. Offering a used bolt or the like will not suffice unless its a specialty bolt like for a deuce winch. Please make PIF goods something decent a member can use. I'll post up some items tomorrow when I get off work.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the forum Drew, thanks for setting that up for us. BUT I think it should be stated, that this is part of the classified section, so those rules apply here too. Meaning, if the item has been payed foreward...REMOVE the listing. This thing could get congested very quickly.

Also, it's in the "Pay it Foreward" section of the site....WE KNOW IT"S FREE!!!! It doesn't need to be stated in the title. Please try to use a few words to describe the part so others don't have to open every single thread to see why is available.

lost in the bush

Confused

Recovry4x4's self imposed rules for PIF. Many know I like the PIF idea. I've done from keys to engines to trailers. Here is my deal and I'll remind everyone everytime I list something. Anything I PIF, I will pay the shipping. To prevent hoarding and hoarders, if anyone wants anything I offer, they are going to have to offer up something at that time and cover the shipping just like I'm doing to them. Offering a used bolt or the like will not suffice unless its a specialty bolt like for a deuce winch. Please make PIF goods something decent a member can use. I'll post up some items tomorrow when I get off work.

HI. Not to start something However I am confused.

Did I miss read your post, that if you have something for free you require an item in trade. Would this not be Bartering . not for free? Just attempting to understand the rules.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI. Not to start something However I am confused.

Did I miss read your post, that if you have something for free you require an item in trade. Would this not be Bartering . not for free? Just attempting to understand the rules.

Perhaps a misunderstanding. All I'm asking (and this is my policy for the stuff I PIF, not the forum) is that if I'm going to PIF an item to you, you should PIF an item to someone else. I want nothing for myself in return. In other forums with a pay it forward, there is always a group that hoards stuff. They live in the forum and take everything offered. This is my way of getting people to give as well as take. I would like to have a rule as such to where when someone accepts a free item, they have to offer an item at that time. Since that is an admin decision, I only have control over what I give away. Take, give! Take, give! The forum will live if folks keep doing this!

I'll have stuff posted here by this time tomorrow.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do members close or end their threads?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
How do members close or end their threads?
On there FIRST post in there thread, Then click on EDIT, then DELETE, a new drop down shows, on the new drop down click on the DELETE BUTTON on the LOWER LEFT, then click on DELETE on the LOWER RIGHT, thead is GONE

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Have an idea for this thread. Seems most if not all items are claimed within a week of posting. However, those who list free items tend to forget to delete their ads. I propose that the "Free Item" ads expire after 1-2 weeks of posting

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately it's a limitation issue of the board since it's under the classifieds main category.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
To further clarify deleting ads:

When it comes to classifieds, you can delete your ad buy clicking on the administrative tab on the top right of your first post in the thread. You'll have an option to delete the thread if it's within 90 days of your original post. Outside of 90 days, you'll not have this option. The best approach to that would be to click on the report post button at the bottom section of your first post that has the ! mark. Then simply type a message to have the thread deleted. This will send a new post to the staff forum that way multiple eyes can see it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks