• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from FT Sill

rronning84

Hi my name is Ryan. I am an E-5 hear at FT Sill in SW OK. I have been on and off this site many times checking out a lot of the threads. Mostly I am interested in the M35A2 / M36/A2. Saturday I finally take possession of my very own Deuce. Its is a 1968 Kaiser with shelter on the back that has been converted in to a make shift RV. I plan to continue the conversion as this will be my expedition / camping rig.

Well here is. I look forward to all the insight I can get from you more knowledgeable folks.

Attachments

jime

Welcome Ryan! I'll be at Ft Sill in August. My son is in FA BOLC out there.

Get some more pics when you can. Looks like a fun project.

Almost forgot! Thank you for your service!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from OKC.

There are over 100 members here in OK. We try too have a couple of events each year, usually in the OKC area. You are welcome to join us anytime.

While you are at Ft Sill, make sure you drive over to Mears and have a hamburger.

Say Hi to Kathy and Sherrill (sp) at the GL location on base.

You have a great looking rig there. We will need more pictures of course.

Warthog

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen that picture of the deuce before. I can't remember where, or who took it, but that deuce is not a stranger to SS. All I'm saying is I've seen that camper deuce before...

rronning84

Thanks for the warm welcome

The man I bought it from has had it for sale for a few months. He got it in a trade for some motorcycles. I have been negotiating for a long time with him. I will be driving to St Louis on Saturday to pick it up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have troubles on the way home, we will be here to help. Many members along I-44 that can give a hand.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, when Warthog has troubles, I get the call. I have picked him and his trucks up from various points around the state. :driver: rofl
Seems like I have had to unstick you a couple of times with my little ol' M715.

At least when I breakdown I do it right. Blown clutch or burnt up wheelbearing :razz: All requiring the BIG GREEN Iron.

Katahdin

I second Mears, Luigi's Italian Restaurant in Lawton is pretty good too. Welcome to SS!

I too have seen pictures of that rig somewhere, I don't think it was ebay tho. This was awhile ago.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey from Ft. Bragg. I will actually be out in your neck of the woods next weekend for a few weeks. I'm bringing the guy in my Avatar.

Guess there's a few members around there. I'd like to enjoy some off-road time if there's some good spots!

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your new truck looks sweet!

Please post pictures showing all the modifications and inside when you take possession.

Congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to the site!

rronning84

Thanks again. I am glad to know that there are some good people along the route.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good customizing and camper build threads?

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks again. I am glad to know that there are some good people along the route.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good customizing and camper build threads?
There are a ton of them. They range from shelters and civilian campers being placed in the back of a deuce, to M109s (Shop Van trucks) being converted, to semi-trailers being turned into rolling suites.

I'm fairly impressed with the truck you purchased and suggest you start a thread detailing what you have and possibly asking for suggestions based on what you are looking to do with it. People thrive on pictures, so the more the better. :)

Last edited:

13 MIKE

Welcome, i was at Sill 92-95. They still doing live fires at Moway? Nice looking rig.

rronning84

I will take a lot of pictures once I get it home. In the mean time here are some pics I was sent.

And yes the TV comes with it. The door in the back corner is a shower / latrine

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks