• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy, Montana/Afghanistan

03humpalot

Howdy fellas.
Name is Buck and hail from Northwest Montana, currently in Afghanistan working on my sunburn (contractor). I am currently looking for a backup vehicle for my daily driver (06 Dodge cummins) and started looking at the cucv market (We actually used them several years ago in Bosnia while i was there as a contractor).

I have heard this site mentioned on a number of other forums and google searches for info kept sending me here. My knowledge is limited and i plan to read mostly and keep the noob questions to a minimum ;) .

Thanks for having me.:beer:

toddm

Read all the old posts you can, you will learn a lot as I have without having to ask too many questions. Which are not a bad thing if you can't figure something out. Welcome Todd

jmoneysmithmas

Welcome to the forum Buck. I too live in NW Montana. I'll tell ya right now- finding parts and accessories for Military Vehicles in Montana is tough. Finding military vehicles for sale in-state is just as tough. Fortunately, the world has fedex, UPS and the Steel Soldiers Classified section. Common CUCV parts are found easily at parts stores such as NAPA and through online surplus retailers.

You can buy directly from the government: Government Surplus Auctions at Government Liquidation

Search for "CUCV"

It's a bid process similar to Ebay, but can take a long time (months) to actually recover your purchase do to slow paper shuffling by the govt.

The easier way to go- is find someone that has one for sale. Try the classified section of this forum. A private seller can provide more details and photos of the vehicle, and hopefully has already gone through the vehicle title process.

Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks