• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's your Deuces' name?

DEUCE1209

The people at work named my Deuce "Big Alice". No reason behind it, it just sounded good to them and it has stuck. The wife and kids just refer to her as the army truck.

APM215

One of my power wagon’s was called “draft dodger” and I often call my M35 “money pit”. Kids on the street call it “the big army truck up the road” and my friends call it the “ML” after the Canadian variant of the truck “MLVW”

k9 centurion

The Name of the M35A2 1971

Hello All :

When my mother was about 6 years old and she lived on a farm in western PA back in the 40's .....my grandfather had a farm horse named jenny.
My mother said she remembers being so small and such a large animal was so gentle to her.

So in our family "the truck" was named "Jenny the iron lady".....
Mom is eighty now going strong and very grateful for life and how the Lord has blessed her over the years.

May all have a safe day and be safe.

Steven

phil2968

My M109 is called "Troll" has named by the Michigan National Guard.
Notice my navigator in the passenger seat? We were headed home from the 09 SS Georgia Rally and stopped for fuel in Macon GA.
Why are my turn signals always on? How did I catch that? See it?

Attachments

Last edited:

unclemikey

As the unit had been set up as a BOV, my neighbor coined the name " The Camper Apocalyptic ". As it is still in that vain, the new bigger and better version will now be named " THE TEOTWAWKI EXPLORER "

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks