• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 M135 Rebuild Project.

tlmob1

I was wondering if anybody would know, where I can get some Frame to Axle Rubber Brake lines as listed in the TM9-8024 pg 451 fig 252? I'm looking for 6 ea. 4 for truck and 2 for spares.

tlmob1

M1010Plowboy,
Did they make them from scratch? I'll have to search around down here to see if I can get some made. I just picked up a M104A1 Trailer with the assistace of Catman. He gave me the history on this trailer and is about 99% complete and all original. I posted the pics on my 1953 M104A1 trailer thread if you want to see it.

tlmob1

Picked up my fuel tank last week, had it cleaned out and sealed on the inside never to rust again. The place gave me a can of the sealer with he thinks is enough to seal the pump housing. Sand blasted the fuel float assy and the nozzle fill insert today and will seal those to if i have enough left. Having a difficult time trying to locate the part number for the frame to axle rubber brake lines. I need to replace all 4 of them. I'm calling Memphis Equipment tomorrow to check on the right hose and if they carry it.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missed that brake-line follow-up,,,,,, picture postin' always wakes me up...... I took my lines to Edmonton Brake and Clutch and handed them to a girl.....:rolleyes:so any brake line fabricating shop can do them.

Who's close? Meet you in Milwaukee!

tlmob1

I swaped out my light switch with the one Catman lent me, and my front end lights work. yea haw, but the drivers side began to have a milky white water flow pattern on the backside of the clear lense and a POP and the light went dark. The passenger side is showing that milky pattern on the top inside edge of the lense. The blackout lights and the parking lights work, the dash lights work as well. I used the sealer that was used inside my gas tank to seal the housing for the fuel pump and the nozzle inlet tube. I also got my fuel float to move freely, and now I need to hook it up to truck and test it. I'll be heading over to IOLA, Wi next saturday to drool over all the vehicles there.:D

tlmob1

I ordered some frame to axle brake lines from memphis equipment and just looked at my truck and found out that there are two different size line fittings on the axle. Man, what a shock. Does any one have a p/n for the larger size. The smaller one uses a 5/8" wrench and the larger one uses a 3/4". Do I have to use military methods to come up with a fix for this?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 Rubber flex lines

Now I know what you're talking about. Topo has you all squared away. It's too bad you're so far away from a brake shop. They'd just match your length and put the correct ends on so you could just remove and replace all you rubber. I don't know enough about the "Axle Vent Tube" to tell you if they require pressure lines but someone will chime in and tell us.

Did a quick scan through the manual but didn't really find the answer yet. I do recall something about a few pounds of positive pressure in the diffs and the vent lines running to a funky looking device on the fire-wall under the hood, just above the height of the air intake........but that is just not important right now.

What is important is that if you don't replace the "Axle Vent Tube", you'll still stop. Pull the rubber, blow them out and check the condition. Might be good to go.''

Attachments

tlmob1

Brake Lines

I moved my truck from the machine shed and put it into my free stall barn over the winter. However, the truck died before I could drive it in. I had to use a some boards and my tractor to push it in. I'm replacing some of the steel brake lines and I'm having a difficult time bending the lines into the proper shape. It's getting to the point that I'm going to use a flexable line in place of the steel ones. Tube bending isn't one of my strong points.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks