• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who Bought Those Oshkosh MK-48s???

Andy1234

Dave, Pete and I have spoken and we're all working on shipping quotes to see what the best deal we can get is.
Tentatively, we may have them hauled to St Louis (relatively central to all the parties involved) where I can unload them and store them as needed :-D . We're also getting bids to have them delivered individually, as well.
Richard and Ron, so far it seems that we will gladly take use of your services and compensate accordingly.
Richard, any on the spot funding needs will be handled as they come (as long as we can give them a CC # over the phone).
Thanks,
Andy

Last edited:

Augdog1964

Richmond

Due to the trucks having to go by me to get to St. Louis, I'm sure I'll have mine come direct to me... I'm more east and not far from I-75...

212sparky

I grabbed a compete power unit and trailer... flat bed...

I would be VERY interested in working with guys who bought them to get these units to a common place to load and get them together.

If someone wants to hire a wrecker to get them off base and then we convoy to a place to load, I'd fly down to do it...

Going to come play with it at haspin in the fall?

Augdog1964

Update

Hey all,

Yep, it may make the drive down, but I don't think I'll do the trails with her!

Ok, on the transport... here are the costs:

This is roll on / roll off... coordinated so all trucks are there same day... roll trailer and same day made the numbers a little more than I expected:

Jacksonville, FL To:

Richmond, IN $3975

Safety Harbor, FL $1975

Centerville, MN $6805

Bennington, OK $5415

House Springs, MO $4190

I think we can beat these...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One more thing to add to WMs list is a good drop off site, that a the wrecker doing the base recovery can drop the PRIZE and the OTR transport will have space to load.

MAJ MALFUNCTION

Hey all,

Yep, it may make the drive down, but I don't think I'll do the trails with her!

Ok, on the transport... here are the costs:

This is roll on / roll off... coordinated so all trucks are there same day... roll trailer and same day made the numbers a little more than I expected:

Jacksonville, FL To:

Richmond, IN $3975

Safety Harbor, FL $1975

Centerville, MN $6805

Bennington, OK $5415

House Springs, MO $4190

I think we can beat these...
YIKES!

Those are pretty high.

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whoa, maybe a wrecker instead

I am leaning toward having a wrecker move both off site and drive them home - unless I can find a cheaper ride. Under normal conditions only 3.5 hours from home - In the MK48 probably add at least another 1 1/2 hr. I have drivers willing to make the trip. EUC went today along with payment - now the wait. Any leads on a local heavy haul wrecker?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Under normal conditions only 3.5 hours from home - In the MK48 probably add at least another 1 1/2 hr. I have drivers willing to make the trip. EUC went today along with payment - now the wait. Any leads on a local heavy haul wrecker?

I've never driven the MK48 but the regular HEMMT's will run 65-70 and easily keep up with traffic.

In fact it is easy to get that big Detriot wound up and hauling arse.

If you want them driven back and can have insurance on them Ron and I can drive them down for you for a lot less than shipping.

Once we get all the other trucks loaded and shipped we can load my Dakota up on one of them and deliver them to you. We can then unload the Dakota and drive back up here.

If your guys want the gig that's cool too......I'll still be glad to assist if needed.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Dave's in Orlando. Will try to find their number tonite. They do a lot of MV hauling in/out of FL.

Augdog1964

Talked to my broker today, and told him the prices were over what we expected...

After talking directly to him found out the problem... he quoted all removable gooseneck trailers (the kind i need for my tanks) all there on the same day. He may rebid, but we should continue onward!

Thanks!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think all those units ran and looked to be in very good to new condition. If you can get them towed off base, I would just get insurance and drive them. The only one that needs to go by trailer is the front power unit only lot.

Good Luck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think all those units ran and looked to be in very good to new condition. If you can get them towed off base, I would just get insurance and drive them.
The only issue with driving them this time of year is the heat........having driven them in Korea in the summer time I can tell you that they are very hot. The cabs have lousey cross ventilation and unlike the older trucks you can't open the front windows to get a steady breeze. The dash fans (if installed) do little more than move the hot air around. That's why they finally installed AC in them when they sent them to the sandbox.

Scrounge41

I've been reading this thread and trying to figure out a way to help. I'm about an hour south of Blount Island. There are several SS members listing a Jacksonville address and they may have some insight. You could try contacting Dirt71,FlyUSN99,Bottlecap, or Moleary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks