• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1022 Gichner Mobilizers

treeguy

DSCN1432.jpgDSCN1433.jpgDSCN1434.jpgDSCN1435.jpgHi guys, I just picked up or should I say, saved a beauty of an M1022 from being cut up for scrap! I was wondering if there was anyone out there that may have a couple of parts for these? I am looking for the inter dolly cable NSN 6150101-77-0089 (5300401) it is an 8 pin (7 pin in a circle with one center pin), the cable has a male and a female end with screw nuts to keep the cable connected. I believe the cable is around 30 feet long to bridge over a 20 foot container. I am also looking for a set of the top container securing bolts NSN 6960645, these are a little different than the bottom ones but if anyone has 4 extra bottom pins/bolts I can modify them to work. I am planning on extending the top of the adapter arms to accomodate the ISO containers. I will just add to the top and leave the standard holes so I will have some flexibility. And if anyone has any more of the 1-3/8"x6 slotted nuts that would be a help.

I've tried searching the web for 8 pin connectors that I could attach to an extra intra vehicular cable that I have but have had no luck. The 8 pin male and female connector seems to be near impossible to find in this type of style. I think its called an Amphenol connector.

I'm also a little confused about the capacity of the M1022. The TM says 5,580#'s empty weight; 15,000#'s payload; 10,580#'s total. Huh? How can the payload be 15,000#'s when the TM says that the total weight capacity is 10,580#'s? I don't really think this is a typo, but it is confusing. It also sounds like the M1022 can only haul an empty 40 footer and is limited to a loaded 20 footer.

Thanks

billwhip

don't waste the bottom bolts - they're the most important and hardest to find... you can use almost anything and some washers/plates for the top ones - especially since you're extending the top... here's a couple of pictures of the top bolts and plugs on the cable....

P1030931.jpgP1030932.jpg

pulling 40'ers takes a bit of route planning and luck...

86m1028

View attachment 411848View attachment 411849View attachment 411850View attachment 411851Hi guys, I just picked up or should I say, saved a beauty of an M1022 from being cut up for scrap! I was wondering if there was anyone out there that may have a couple of parts for these? I am looking for the inter dolly cable NSN 6150101-77-0089 (5300401) it is an 8 pin (7 pin in a circle with one center pin), the cable has a male and a female end with screw nuts to keep the cable connected. I believe the cable is around 30 feet long to bridge over a 20 foot container. I am also looking for a set of the top container securing bolts NSN 6960645, these are a little different than the bottom ones but if anyone has 4 extra bottom pins/bolts I can modify them to work. I am planning on extending the top of the adapter arms to accomodate the ISO containers. I will just add to the top and leave the standard holes so I will have some flexibility. And if anyone has any more of the 1-3/8"x6 slotted nuts that would be a help.

I've tried searching the web for 8 pin connectors that I could attach to an extra intra vehicular cable that I have but have had no luck. The 8 pin male and female connector seems to be near impossible to find in this type of style. I think its called an Amphenol connector.

I'm also a little confused about the capacity of the M1022. The TM says 5,580#'s empty weight; 15,000#'s payload; 10,580#'s total. Huh? How can the payload be 15,000#'s when the TM says that the total weight capacity is 10,580#'s? I don't really think this is a typo, but it is confusing. It also sounds like the M1022 can only haul an empty 40 footer and is limited to a loaded 20 footer.

Thanks
Are you still looking for parts ?
I may have what you need.
I have an m1022 & have no use for any of the cables I have with it.
Give me a few days & I'll post what I have.

here you go moosebgy...

here's one and a quick drawing from memory...
View attachment 452672View attachment 452673
hope these help ya!

If you need the numbers and where to buy the lift cyl seals for the M1022 (NOT A1) I can send you my notes.

My choices were all 5000PSI seals.
The average PSI to lift my S280 (empty) is 800-900psi. Lifting one end at a time.
Before the new seals pressure typically exceeded 2100.
And they leaked fast.

I have also cross connected the cyls on each end.
That makes it self balancing as it comes up.
I did the cross connect with 3/16 steel auto brake line tubing.
I did have to custom make one part to connect the cyls to the tubing. 1/4" male brass pipe plug drilled to accept 3/16" brake tube soldered together.

I tested the 3/16 tubing to more than 6000lbs.
A "blow out" would have been too much execitement.
I used type "M" garage air hose couplers.
YES. They were in the max pressure test.
10+ pressure cycles.

New seals, and cross connecting the cyls, made it dramatically easier to lift the box.
One man ops all the way.

I am using a pump I found that was discarded.
It has a 5 gallon reservoir and is operated by a lever on it's top.
I can send pictures on request.

FYI I think a 1/2" shim under the suspension bumpers will keep the weight from pinching the air bags when the pressure leaks out.
I've seen other rubber air seals fail from being pinched like that.

So does anybody know where to find one of these in operable condition?
I have simple "work arounds" for the typically missing stuff. Like the special bolts that attach it to the box.

If you need the numbers and where to buy the lift cyl seals for the M1022 (NOT A1) I can send you my notes.

My choices were all 5000PSI seals.
The average PSI to lift my S280 (empty) is 800-900psi. Lifting one end at a time.
Before the new seals pressure typically exceeded 2100.
And they leaked fast.

I have also cross connected the cyls on each end.
That makes it self balancing as it comes up.
I did the cross connect with 3/16 steel auto brake line tubing.
I did have to custom make one part to connect the cyls to the tubing. 1/4" male brass pipe plug drilled to accept 3/16" brake tube soldered together.

I tested the 3/16 tubing to more than 6000lbs.
A "blow out" would have been too much execitement.
I used type "M" garage air hose couplers.
YES. They were in the max pressure test.
10+ pressure cycles.

New seals, and cross connecting the cyls, made it dramatically easier to lift the box.
One man ops all the way.

FYI I think a 1/2" shim under the suspension bumpers will keep the weight from pinching the air bags when the pressure leaks out.
I've seen other rubber air seals fail from being pinched like that.

X

Also does anyone have pictures of the bottom bolts?
I have standard bolt replacement scheme for these.
Originals are 1-3/8". Kind of unusual size.
You can get a suitable bolt at "Fastenall". 1-1/4".
I install them from the outside after the M1022 (Not A1 )is in place.
One washer IS NOT enough. I use about 6-8 washers inside the connection point of the box.
The more you use the less likely they will pull out of the connection point. So far mine have not been bent at all.
Several also put the nut where it is easy to get to for tightening.

H1NSX

I have standard bolt replacement scheme for these.
Originals are 1-3/8". Kind of unusual size.
You can get a suitable bolt at "Fastenall". 1-1/4".
I install them from the outside after the M1022 (Not A1 )is in place.
One washer IS NOT enough. I use about 6-8 washers inside the connection point of the box.
The more you use the less likely they will pull out of the connection point. So far mine have not been bent at all.
Several also put the nut where it is easy to get to for tightening.

Is this still working safely for you?
I trust you used grade 8 bolts.
Have been able to find someone who sells the actual j-bolts made to secure the container to the dolly?

H1NSX

Hello Sir,

Can you please post a photo of this pump and reservoir. Also provide part numbers for both so I can buy them online or from an auto parts store, or please advise where you purchased these parts from. Thank you, James in Oklahoma

H1NSX

Are you still looking for parts ?
I may have what you need.
I have an m1022 & have no use for any of the cables I have with it.
Give me a few days & I'll post what I have.
Hello sir. I am looking for parts for my M1022 (not the A1). I need the 8 locking pins that attach into the corners of the shipping container. Also need the 4 triangle wedge shaped brackets with castor rolling wheels.

If you have any of these parts or know someone who does, please PM me. Thank you!

NEIOWA

Anyone got a idea of market value of a complete M1022 that has all the BII? My Fire Dept has one we no longer need. We need the $ so not going to throw it away at scrap price.

H1NSX

Anyone got a idea of market value of a complete M1022 that has all the BII? My Fire Dept has one we no longer need. We need the $ so not going to throw it away at scrap price.
Hello sir. I own 2 of these mobile container transports, an M1022 and an M720. The main difference between the two models is how much weight they can lift. It is hard to say exactly what they are truly worth as there is no benchmark to go by until we know what they cost new when sold to the military.

You are wise to look for a value prior to just scraping it out. I may be interested in buying your M1022 depending on how much you want for it, its condition, and where you are located in the country. Please PM me your contact details, maybe a photo and any info you wish to share and we can go from there. Thanks

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks