• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PCBowman's New Deuce

JDToumanian

Hi Group,
Peter (pcbowman) picked up his new freshly painted deuce on Monday in Moreno Valley, CA and then drove it up Cajon Pass to pick up some parts from Walker's here in Hesperia. We met up at my house and drove over to Walker's in our deuces. Here's the previous thread on Peter's deuce from before he bought it:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9367&start=0

It was nice to meet Peter and his friend Jason, we all had a lot of fun picking parts at Walker's. It looks like Peter got a good deuce, there seems to be no issues except for a little overheating coming up Cajon Pass, but I think that was probably caused by lugging the engine in 5th gear... Downshifting to 4th helped. His engine sounded good, it has a c-turbo like mine.

By the time we left Walker's, he had cab bows and a new canvas cab top installed, replacement drop sides for the bed and a set of fiberglass troop seats and bows, spare tire, front grill, headlights, bridge plate, a west coast mirror that was missing, and probably a bunch more stuff that I'm forgetting.

I took some pics... I'll post some of them in the 'Salvage Yard Info' forum. It was dark by the time we left, and Peter still had a few hours' drive to get home. I'm assuming he made it okay...

Anyway, I'll shut up now and let him tell the rest of the story.

Regards,
Jon

Attachments

No.2Diesel

RE: PCBowman

Nice-O trucks. What is the reason for PCs taller tailgate? Who needs a top in Cali? 8) Yeah it looks like PCs bed is all busted up and out of alignment.

pcbowman

Jon,

Thanks for posting this... I had to travel on business and came home tonight. I really appreciated your help at Dave's and meeting you. I look forward to getting together as a socal group. I will post some pictures once I get the new parts on the duece.

Almost missed this thread. Peter stopped by my house on the way home. You could hear him coming 2 blocks away. Truck sounds really good and he has all the fixins to make it look as nice. Seems as if the juice might be turned up on it a tad cause when he left he was pulling gears pretty slick.

Nice score Peter.

By the way, did you get snowed in in Mammoth that weekend? I went up without chains and when I got up Sunday morning it was snowing and I barely got out. It took just over 2 hours to go the 43 miles to Bishop - snowing the whole way. That was scarey!

pcbowman

My kids had competitions that weekend so I did not leave Mammoth until 5:00. I did not have any problems but enjoyed skiing on fresh poweder instead of ice or manmande.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks