• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow bar mounts, How did you mount yours..?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two sets of tow bars, I am looking to mount each set to a different truck.

1- exterior mount for a 1028, I was thinking the top of the grill guard.

The second one is a Deuce

I am looking for different choices and pictures of how yall mounted yours to get a different perspective. Any pictures would be appreciated...!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

wsucougarx

Here's something I fabricated out of spare parts laying around. Here's a pic of it mounted on my m923. I did the exact same thing for my M109A3. The little box houses my tow safety chain.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the consensus of using the 3/8" plate steel for the hitch.. The area between the pintail and the 3 ball hitch has enough room to mount a bracket and it would not interfere with both the pintail and the hitch..?

I also figured it would give me more rear protection from being rear ended as well..!

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indy, Thats a cool idea. I wish I could find those feet brackets. I was thinking of a pintal 4 bolt for the ring. The bar is heavy so to hang it and remove it will have to have 2 men.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Those bolt on brackets are just front/rear lift brackets, they are the same for the deuce/5t, a scraped out truck will have them

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don, after looking at Indy's bracket a little closer, there's no reason you can't break the tow bar down into two pieces to move it. Install the side with the pintle on the truck storage mounts first and then attach the other leg to the truck storage mount and pintle 1" pin hole. Reverse to remove.

bonedoc

Anyone know what kind of mount Indy has here to secure the lunette end of his tow bar? I really like that and I'm considering it on mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks