• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help me design a radio shelter

nf6x

Feral Engineer
That's a cool-looking cabinet. The latch looks like it might be the same style as the ones on the storage cabinets under the teletype/heater desks on the sides of my GRC-122B S-250 shelter.

BTW, I haven't been on SS much lately. I've been obsessing mostly on my new vintage computer hobby for the last year or so, with some secondary attention on the military radios. I'll get back into the green trucks again eventually... it's just my nature to cycle through my various hobbies over time. When I do get back into playing with my trucks, I have several projects queued up already. One of them will be installing an AN/PRD-1 direction finder set in the back of my 1964 M38A1 project. The particular DF receiver I'll use was formerly owned by a good friend of mine who passed away a couple years ago. I don't know how many more years will pass before the project is done, but it'll be pretty cool!

I'm still active in the West Coast Military Radio Collectors Group, including acting as net control on our newly-resurrected weekly RTTY net, "Clatternet", on Sunday evenings. We have our weekly AM phone net on Saturday evenings, and I generally operate my T-368/C and R-390/A on that one. I'm presently using modern ham gear for the RTTY net, but I have piles of vintage military RTTY gear to get working later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks