• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First time EUC

Rkrug

Been looking at getting an M Series truck of GL but was wondering how long First time EUC are going, so I can figure out when I need to hire some one to haul it off the lot
Thanks for any info!

RIDDLE1

I submitted my first one on 7/11/2012 and it cleared on 7/23/2012.

That was A LOT quicker than I was expecting. I didn't even know one could clear in 12 days.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Is there an age requirement on EUCs?
No but you (normally) have to have a valid credit card to establish a GL account (unless you are a big company) and enough of a history in various data bases to be cleared by a background check (which is the purpose of the EUC, Uncle wants to know who is buying his used toys).

GL does not take third party payments so if you are a minor and win an item (even non-EUC) no one can pay for the item except you (even Mom or Dad).

You can transfer funds directly to them by various means but the account the money comes out of has to be in your name.

Trust me....there is no way around this.

If you are only going to buy one vehicle I would go with a private party......you can preview the truck, drive it, make sure it has all the paperwork (no title, no buy) and if the seller is a member here you can find out if they are good folks to do business with.

Just my 2cents for what they're worth.

commandojeff

I'm 19, almost 20. I used my debit card to pay for the truck. I also have a credit card that I've never missed a payment on. I sent in my EUC on the 19th and I just got an export letter today. I'm thinking it will clear shortly.

The age requirement is 18. It's a lot of work, or it seems so anyway. But I wanted the truck and this is America :D. There should be no reason that just because someone isn't 21, they can't buy a truck. If I'm old enough to die for this country, I'm old enough to understand the value of the dollar.

Also the name on your account for GL has to be the same as the EUC and the payment. Just an FYI.

Jeff

Rkrug

I just won my first GL auction a couple days ago, got some tents, I just used my dads account and my debit card that is under his name and it worked just fine.Wish I would be able to get an account on GSA Auctions but they require you to give them your SS# which tells them how old you are.aua

commandojeff

But you didn't have to fill out an EUC for tents. I'm pretty sure I remember reading in the contract the names had to match up. Good luck on your purchase. The people at GL are very nice to talk to. It is a lot of step by step processes though that seems kinda overwhelming at first.

Jeff

mikeblac

I think I covered all available options trying to get an EUC issue resolved - and it worked.
Background is that the auction ended 25May12 - and I ended up the winner for a trailer and deuce. EUC was submitted to Battle Creek 30May12, and was approved 04Jun12. VERY QUICK! But the EUC on the deuce seemed to languish. I started making phone calls and got many different answers - always a different answer. Finally I called Battle Creek - and the person I talked ith did not even know what an EUC was. Finally left a message for a Mary Jean Geiger with the DLA OIG, and she called back right away. Turns out, my problems was a missing radioactive scan on the deuce. They resolved it in one day. I would suggest after about seven days - start making calls and stirring the pot. It is sitting one someones desk - they just have not yet acted on it. My deuce and trailer were finally recovered today!

ryan77

I had the same thing on my last deuce for glowing gauges! It took a extra 2 weeks than normal!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks