• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no title for m35a2

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here we go again , no papers on a vehicle . The question you should ask yourself is would you buy a car from somebody without a title ? Bottom line no ownership , no money ! . Even selling parts is questionable , your are selling parts from a vehicle you DO NOT have ownership in YOUR name . Could be a problem push come to shove as they say , RTK:beer:

123mack

Alabama is like Georgia, any vehicle made on or before 1975 will not have a title. Never will as there is no mechanism to create one. Nothing criminal or shady, titles for vehicles before 1975 just didn't exist. Everything thansferred on a bill of sale and still does. When I tagged my 1972 M816 I just took the GL bill of sale to the tag office, they made a copy for their records, I gave them a check and walked out with a tag.

3dAngus

Alabama is like Georgia, any vehicle made on or before 1975 will not have a title. Never will as there is no mechanism to create one. Nothing criminal or shady, titles for vehicles before 1975 just didn't exist. Everything thansferred on a bill of sale and still does. When I tagged my 1972 M816 I just took the GL bill of sale to the tag office, they made a copy for their records, I gave them a check and walked out with a tag.
Most states will catch up. The registration has all the same value in it is a title when done properly, like in Alabama and Georgia. And even we are in a trasisitional state of titling. It is nothing more than a piece of paper, where a computerized check of the VIN number, or serial number has been made and verified of true ownership. If another owner shows up in the computer, it's a dead deal until determined what the problem is. So, one paper is as good as another in our state. It's the VIN ownership verification process that is important. In Georgia, we decided it was a waste of money, kinda like the old philosophy of vehicle IDs or stickers on every military POV car, which are no longer needed at many military installations, due to 100% ID check. Its a duplicate effort. Computers make it much faster and better, with less error, in tracking down ownership, and can do it for any vehicle across fifty states.

I do agree, you must abide by what your individual state allows. If titles are still in use for all vehicles, by all means, get one, or run, if the person lives in that same state requiring a title. Most states honor each others methods, so if you buy a vehicle registered in Georgia inelgible for title here, some states WILL give you a title for your vehicle, just based on a bill of sale and registration paperwork from our state, or the state of Alabama. You have to check with your local DMV for verification of your states requirements and reciprocity laws on the matter. They vary.

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I live in TN and i bought my truck with out a title ! all you need is a notorised bill of sale. and photos of the truck . take to DMV they mail it to the state. i walked out with the plates and got the title in the mail 2 weeks later. Oh you got to pay the sales tax and pay for plates. it was that easy! And need photos of the vin on fram and photo of data plate

Last edited:

ryan77

Man to bad all states are not like TN!! In illinois u need a clean non reassigned title to get a title! If u dont have one your s o l !!!!

onegmjack

The SF97 has to be used by original buyer from GL or DOD.That way the original buyer would have title or paper work showing it was registered in their name.Then it would be a lot easier to buy and get tags and insurance for.They may be away to buy and leagally tag but a lot of trouble to me??

3dAngus

I live in TN and i bought my truck with out a title ! all you need is a notorised bill of sale. and photos of the truck . take to DMV they mail it to the state. i walked out with the plates and got the title in the mail 2 weeks later. Oh you got to pay the sales tax and pay for plates. it was that easy! And need photos of the vin on fram and photo of data plate

Tigger
Thanks for shari g that one. Did you buy that from within or from an out of state seller?

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Tigger
Thanks for shari g that one. Did you buy that from within or from an out of state seller?
25 miles from my house. I went to the DMV and thy told me what to do. went to the bank with the seller and got the bill of sale noterised and took all the photos the state wanted. Went back to the DMV and gave them every thing and paid all the fees and walked out with plates. got title in mall 2 weeks later. all they are doing is varifieing that he owned the truck. Now i own it! I know the guy and his house burned and the title was lost.

3dAngus

OH crud! You're good onegmjack. Good catch. He would have been in the system. Now why didn't I think of that?

Flyingvan911

I say research it and be sure you have a 100% positive answer from the DMV before handing over any money. No title usually equals a big headache and disappointment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks