• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no title for m35a2

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
He never plated the truck! it was not in the system. a notorised bill of sale is a legal document stating he is the owner and i purched the truck from him.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
You said title burn up in house fire?or lost?
lost in the fire . It dosent mater if a UFO landed and they stoled it! all you need is a NOTORISED BILL OF SALE! to prove you bought the truck from the seller! and the photos and you can get a title!

Ridgerunner

I would not be afraid to buy the truck (if it's a good deal) with only a bill of sale. I've gotten a few cars/trucks over the years with out one, and all ended up fine in the end.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in TN and i bought my truck with out a title ! all you need is a notorised bill of sale. and photos of the truck . take to DMV they mail it to the state. i walked out with the plates and got the title in the mail 2 weeks later. Oh you got to pay the sales tax and pay for plates. it was that easy! And need photos of the vin on fram and photo of data plate
I know this is the case but my County Clerk won't do it. I've even carried a copy of the law to show them and called the state on them. Still wouldn't do it. I'm sure I could have carried if further with a lawyer or whatnot and got it done but the truck was on the verge of a parts truck anyway and I'd already spent enough time and frustration on it.

If I read the OP's location right he's in Dickson county (same as me). I'm unsure if you can go out of county to get titles. I know there will be sales tax and wheel tax issues if you go out of county.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
These threads just absolutely tick me off to no end.

There is no solid single answer to this question that covers all 50 states. YOU should contact YOUR DMV to see what would be needed.

As was mentioned earlier, GA is very lax on it. I personally own 5 MV's (all older than 86). Don't have a title for one of them. They're pretty much all for sale (except my deuce) and will be sold with a bill of sale only. I'm doing anything shady or dishonest, it's just how things work here. If it's a deal breaker, so be it. But ~$150 will buy a title bond. I've had to do this on a few legitimate vehicles. Actually my samurai is currently a vehicle I have with a bonded title.

I'm not going to argue with it one way or another. All I'll say is, research your state to see how things will play out. Jumping into ANYTHING without researching is setting yourself up for failure.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These threads just absolutely tick me off to no end.

There is no solid single answer to this question that covers all 50 states. YOU should contact YOUR DMV to see what would be needed.

As was mentioned earlier, GA is very lax on it. I personally own 5 MV's (all older than 86). Don't have a title for one of them. They're pretty much all for sale (except my deuce) and will be sold with a bill of sale only. I'm doing anything shady or dishonest, it's just how things work here. If it's a deal breaker, so be it. But ~$150 will buy a title bond. I've had to do this on a few legitimate vehicles. Actually my samurai is currently a vehicle I have with a bonded title.

I'm not going to argue with it one way or another. All I'll say is, research your state to see how things will play out. Jumping into ANYTHING without researching is setting yourself up for failure.
I could not agree with you more on the STATE SPECIFIC commentary.

Months ago, when I OP'd the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/politi...-texas-fmv-laws-former-military-vehicles.html Thread, I attempted to be very STATE SPECIFIC and to remain so focused. It has not been easy to keep it pure. Yet, I believe it stands as a good example of STATE SPECIFIC "CONTAINMENT" of issues such as LAWS, TITLING, REGISTRATION and INSURANCE since there is so much variance between the 50 US States, and extending to the other countries represented here in the SS Forums.

I respectfully suggest, oh Great Site Administrative Guru, <BIG GRIN> that you might consider adopting a STATE DESIGNATOR as is now used on the CLASSIFIED ADS for any and ALL threads dealing with LAWS, TITLING, REGISTRATION and INSURANCE. I know that this would be a major undertaking, but look at the advantages of avoiding these "shotgun" discussions that distract a thread from the OP's focus and thereby dilute the valid information. This is just a thoughtful suggestion, Sir.

:rant: We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

==================================================

Regarding Bonded Titles....
Texas also offers BONDED TITLES as an option when a clear title is not available. It's well worth the price on a vehicle of significant value AND keeps everything LEGAL if the vehicle's history passes the test/investigation. It also prevents "worthless" vehicles from being brought back onto the roads.
IMHO.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And remember.....

What worked yesterday or today may not work tomorrow.

Laws change all the time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea but, every Tom, Dick, and Harry, will still post irrelevant info for other states. People need to learn to refrain from posting, if your not going to directly help the OP's issue(when it's a state specific issue).

And I fixed the OP's account. PM him all you like.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea but, every Tom, Dick, and Harry, will still post irrelevant info for other states. People need to lean to refrain from posting, if your not going to directly help the OP's issue(when it's a state specific issue).

Afterthought.....

One other advantage of the State Designators would be the obvious EASE OF SEARCHING for threads of interest/applicability when these topics come up.

Any new thread submitted including the words: TITLE, REGISTRATION, INSURANCE etc might automatically REQUIRE the State Designation to ease the workload on the Mods.

I once again apologize for the hijacking.

Plus it should be said that every DMV clerk is different. And their willingness to process your paperwork changes with their moods. Years of experience advice is just don't argue with them or try to "teach them the law" because it will get you nowhere and once they have made up their minds generally you need a supervisor to change it. So if you are not getting serviced, ask to speak to a supervisor and figure out how you need to proceed or what else is needed.

jamawieb

I live in West Tennessee and I've bought 2 m35a2 without titles. I had to get a notarized bill of sale, a police officer to verify the serial number and finally I had to send a certified letter to the owner and ask why I did not receive a title ( then you just bring the certified return slip with you, the seller does not have to respond back) It's really easy if your county clerk knows what they are doing. My county clerk had a packet of everything needed.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea but, every Tom, Dick, and Harry, will still post irrelevant info for other states. People need to learn to refrain from posting, if your not going to directly help the OP's issue(when it's a state specific issue).

It won't be irrelevant when someone else who uses the SEARCH function finds this thread and sees info regarding their state within THIS thread. :roll:

bpipe

I’m new to this site and haven’t figured out yet how to start my own thread but I just picked up a 1967 m35a2 with no paperwork or title but has the plate on the dash. Bought it off a local farmer to use on my farm but with brand new tires and new paint only needs a title and canvas top for the cab I can’t see it be beat on the farm. I’m in pa if anyone knows of anyways to get a title that would be great!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. To start a new thread, click on The Deuce under Forums. Then click on Start a New Thread near the top left. In many states, older vehicles don't need a title. I'm not certain about PA. Call your DMV and ask. If you do need a title, you can always find a friend located in a state that doesn't require titles and have the friend register the deuce in their state. Then have the friend transfer the truck to you. Then PA should issue you a title, unless PA doesn't require titles. All states are supposed to accept registration transfers from other states, even those that don't require or issue titles on older vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks