• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat -yes or no???

L1A1

I think the CON for me is the trailer bed is too small, I'd have to live in it if I got one. The wife would probably give me the boot! :idea:
I've seen one with a radio shelter in the bed which would make for better accomodations......Just say'n :whistle::driver:

Matt

L1A1

look on ebay right now :driver:
Wasn't quite sure which of your two messages to quote :p. I know about the ones on ebad (keep the MV section of that site bookmarked). I've actually got a line on a couple if I really do decide to pull the trigger. One isn't all that far from me (couple of hours away).
Matt

Wasn't quite sure which of your two messages to quote :p. I know about the ones on ebad (keep the MV section of that site bookmarked). I've actually got a line on a couple if I really do decide to pull the trigger. One isn't all that far from me (couple of hours away).
Matt
Have to remember that for when my finances finally enable me to "put my money where my mouth is". Been watching them come and go for near on four years now...

Spock

m561gamagoat

I had to sell my first one in 2006, had it for 5 years, took me 6 years to be financially capable of getting another one. Even if you get one and it sits for awhile, at least you got it. They are around as we all know, usually just a matter of finding one conveniently located.

Jericho

OK Gamagoat 1, its spelled both ways in almost all pubs on the net, not that it matters, To the guy with the fear of goats , yup its loud, no its not difficult to work on, unless you never worked on any thing more than an M 35 Like gama goat 1 , ive put about 10 k on mine and never has let me down, just changing my first "lubed for ever" lol lol prop shaft joint in 10k , some of the parts can be hard to find and it is quirky but I will keep both thank you, and the 400 chevy transplant only took me about 20 hours of fabrication time, looks great, runs quiet , in comparison, and has 350 hp not compared to 103, still pulls stumps and has more get up and go along with easy 65 mph cruise! most guys who bitch about it have never really driven or maintained one, I do know they were routinely disliked in the army , although widely loved in the corps. To be honest they get the short end of the stick in reputation just like they did in maintenance in the motor pool! Not offended by any remarks , just like my goat, and my grandson loves it!

Gamagoat1

OK Gamagoat 1, its spelled both ways in almost all pubs on the net, not that it matters, To the guy with the fear of goats , yup its loud, no its not difficult to work on, unless you never worked on any thing more than an M 35 Like gama goat 1 , ive put about 10 k on mine and never has let me down, just changing my first "lubed for ever" lol lol prop shaft joint in 10k , some of the parts can be hard to find and it is quirky but I will keep both thank you, and the 400 chevy transplant only took me about 20 hours of fabrication time, looks great, runs quiet , in comparison, and has 350 hp not compared to 103, still pulls stumps and has more get up and go along with easy 65 mph cruise! most guys who bitch about it have never really driven or maintained one, I do know they were routinely disliked in the army , although widely loved in the corps. To be honest they get the short end of the stick in reputation just like they did in maintenance in the motor pool! Not offended by any remarks , just like my goat, and my grandson loves it!
No Military "PUBS" ever called it a "GAMMA" Goat, let alone those articles found on the infamous internet.

It was named after the inventor and designer of the joint between the tractor and trailer, Roger Gamaunt and it's off road capabilities.
I'd love to replace my Detroit with a 350 but cooling is a big issue at this altidude.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks