• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gamma Goat wheel hub Maintaince

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gee, I left out the gorey part.

Before I resorted to grinding the rivets off, I was using a 3/8 drift punch in the hole in the hub, trying to break the axle free from the hub.

Never swing a 12# sledge hammer into a 3/8 punch.

It broke and hit me in the forehead leaving a perfect circle(hole in my forehead).

Why do head injuries bleed so bad?

6 stitches later, I moved on to plan B.
Sounds like the time I scoped myself with a 300 Win Mag. Looked like I had half a golfball over my right eye.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread has some good pics that might help you understand what is in there.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...r-err-herder&p=1011919&viewfull=1#post1011919
Ok one of the problems I had were that all of the jack bolt holes were filled with NC red mud so they didn't even show up until I knew what to look for from posts in this thread (thanks again). I'll get those cleaned out tomorrow and try and get things backed out. I'll take detail photos (probably not as good as some of these) and add them to my thread of working on the Goat. That -20 better get here pretty quick.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just clicked on a couple of the TM in the TM section and they opened for me.

What happens when you try to open or download them?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything works except the -20. I've been using the -20P for most things just to see how things go together.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me an email addy and I can try to email it to you. Not sure if I can, but I'll try.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't get the site to attach the TM and it's too big to email.

Sorry

I did try the -20 on the site and it did not open for me either.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Gamagoat1

Doghead,
Just downloaded -20. It worked. Look through the different downloads. I uploaded a -20 and it still works. The second "More Gamagoat Manuals" holds the -20

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead,
Just downloaded -20. It worked. Look through the different downloads. I uploaded a -20 and it still works. The second "More Gamagoat Manuals" holds the -20
Mike,

That's the -20-1 and it does work but is pretty much just PMCS and the LO. The other volumes have more of the maintenance guidelines we've been looking for. I have a complete set ordered and hopefully can upload the others when they arrive.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one I uploaded is 500 pages, a little more than PMCS. I just checked it again and it works fine
I'm seeing 1 -20 and 2 -10s (-10-2 and -10-3) on the page you have listed. If there is something else regarding the -20s could you post a link here?

Last edited:

Megadavel

Hey Joe,

i just bought an 1971 M561 Gama Goat and lost brakes on highway after doing 50 down 91 S in CT for 40 mins and front drivers side tractor drum stated smoking. I took it apart and cannot bleed any fluid from any wheel cylinder...do you have ant ideas? Am I missing something like a valve under the baby somewhere. I will also say the master cylinder had two different color fluids, 1 was brown and 1was red, I've read that is pretty common. My plan was to drain and bleed all the lines and put all new dot 5 in....although I can't get a drip out of any thing...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dave
203-605-6723

Jericho

Assuming there is fluid in the reservoir , a good place to start is the front wheel that was dragging, only reason they drag is if the extended slave cylinder fails to return fluid and the shoes stay extended pull the brake drum, cinch a thin cargo strap around the shoes , tight, loosen the bleed screw on the slave cylinder and have some some one pump your brakes down , hold tighten bleeder, pedal up . loosen the bleeder, pedal down, repeat, ensure you keep fluid (dot 5 ) in master cylinder, repeat until you get fliud ( slave cylinder is likely bad) . rubber flex hoses are likely originaly , they sometimes collapse check each wheel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks