• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy in Dayton, OH Looking for local MV Guys

Stagg

I'm away on extended vacation, on Uncle Sam's dime, but home for me is Vandalia OH.
Didn't realize there were that many SS members in the Dayton area.

Jayco36REQS

Ok... I talked witht he AF Museum event Coordinator today. She said they would be more than happy to allow us to use their area for an event. Several options and a few rules:

1) Cannot be a paid event... must be free to the public. Ok, no problem there.
2) Vehicles must stay on the paved areas. Ok, no donuts in the grass! lol
3) Would have to coordinate in advance if we needed to leave equipment over night for any multi-day event.
4) Could handle as many trucks as wanted to show up.

What do you guys think? I was thinking of tryng to make it a big gathering.... Thoughts?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next time I go to Ohio, I'm going to Skateworld. I believe the last time I skated there was in the 80's. From there off to Huber Gulch where I first tried to skate. Man, I'm old. Sorry for drifitng, every 20 years or so I get homesick.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ok... I talked witht he AF Museum event Coordinator today. She said they would be more than happy to allow us to use their area for an event. Several options and a few rules:

1) Cannot be a paid event... must be free to the public. Ok, no problem there.
2) Vehicles must stay on the paved areas. Ok, no donuts in the grass! lol
3) Would have to coordinate in advance if we needed to leave equipment over night for any multi-day event.
4) Could handle as many trucks as wanted to show up.

What do you guys think? I was thinking of tryng to make it a big gathering.... Thoughts?
I'm in. Just need some advance notice.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in, since it is on the street I live on if you follow it to the west. :)

I have seen someone on here ride a unicycle in the last 20 years.........

Augdog1964

We can put together something at my place in the Spring if interested. We even have a 1.5 mile trail we're looking to expand for the trucks... its nothing horribly technical or anything...

jw4x4

Both Dave's place and Air Force Museum sound great to me. Also anything Quaker Stake & Lube. Last year, I was out for a drive and stopped at Steak & Shake in Englewood where they were having a cruise-in. There was quite the crowd around my truck.

Jayco36REQS

Both Dave's place and Air Force Museum sound great to me. Also anything Quaker Stake & Lube. Last year, I was out for a drive and stopped at Steak & Shake in Englewood where they were having a cruise-in. There was quite the crowd around my truck.
Yea I was planning to go to Quaker Steak and Lube when they start their car cruise-in again... I'll let you know when they start and maybe we can shake the place up a bit. lol Also, on friday nights, the Kmart across from The Greene has a cruise-in pretty much every friday night. I'm going to go to that as well to see how it goes.

I was thinking the Museum might be good, especially if we can get some guys from out of state and draw a much bigger crowd. Maybe even get the local Reserve and Guard units to bring some of their active toys.... Not much left at WP in the way of toys. lol

Jayco36REQS

Hey moderators... can we do a voting thread on here? The Museum would like to know about how many vehicles might show up to know when to schedule us... I'd liek to set up a couple voting options for when is good for the majority who are interested.

Thoughts?

lowrdrbird

I am game for that Dave that could be fun as I have been wanting to take the studebaker off the road a little bit more.
We are looking at having the truck done around late May-Junish that is when the bed should be on her.
Ken

My only problem I have might be keeping up with you guys since my girl can only do around 40-45mph so I am a little slower and takes a little longer to get places.

Last edited:

212sparky

Just start a new thread for the event and link this page to it. Then the masses will see it and get more attention, then you also get to vote.

jw4x4

I am game for that Dave that could be fun as I have been wanting to take the studebaker off the road a little bit more.
We are looking at having the truck done around late May-Junish that is when the bed should be on her.
Ken

My only problem I have might be keeping up with you guys since my girl can only do around 40-45mph so I am a little slower and takes a little longer to get places.
No matter if it's finished or not, you should plan to go to Haspin in June. Even if it's in a civy vehicle.

Jayco36REQS

Just start a new thread for the event and link this page to it. Then the masses will see it and get more attention, then you also get to vote.
Ok... how do I do a multiple option Poll?? I clicked to create a thread in the Events section with a 7 option Poll, but didn't see anyway to add the txt for the poll??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks