• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wobbly window?

commandojd

I have noticed that both of my windows on my truck have not been functioning quite right. The passenger window is wobbly, but appears to line up with everything....and the drivers side window is stiff and doesnt line up correctly with the seal. Also when the windows are all the way down, it is pretty hard to get them back up.
Is this normal in trucks like this? Or does any one know what the issue might be?
thanks

DownRange762

I'm just climbing into a window issue myself, but no, yours are not operating correctly. They should slide up and down with ease if properly assembled and adjusted. I'd look for binding in the track perhaps where the felt liner is, or open the access door and confirm all clips are in place that attach the regulator "scissors" to the bottom of the window frame.

DeucesWild11

I think they all wobble to a certain extent, my drivers side window is a little difficult to get up at times but the passenger one is better. I would like to get less wobble myself when they are up.

Woodsplinter

I had the same problem with my A2 deuce when I got it. Here's how I fixed it:

1) Get out TM 9-2320-361-20, sections 11-5 and 11-6 and review the procedure.
2) Open the access panel on the door and remove the window using the TM procedure. Then remove the regulator.
3) Clean the regulator with degreaser, rinse and let dry thoroughly.
4) Remove the channels at the front and rear of the door. The rear is held on by a screw at the bottom and a clip just slides into a slot at the top of the door. The front has a screw at the bottom and a rivet at the top. Drill or grind out the rivet and remove. Take note of how they were installed so you can reverse the procedure to replace them.
5) Remove the felt running across the top of the window opening. You'll probably have to break all the retaining clips to remove.
6) Replace with new parts. (I got mine from Erik's Military- they are expensive!)
7) When installing the front channel I used an aluminum pop rivet. I later discovered there is a "dome" style and a "flat" style. Use the flat one- I had to file mine down some do it didn't hit the front of the window frame as it moved up. (It still hits a little bit)
8 Lube the regulator assembly using any waterproof grease and re-install.
9) Clean the window and reinstall but DON'T grease anything yet! If you apply grease to the bottom channels of the window frame it will get on the felt you just installed and will mess up the window everytime it goes up and down. Lube those channels after you slide the window into place.
10) Re-attach the window to the regulator using the funny clips.
After doing this I can roll my windows up and down with 2 fingers- when the door is open. (I also replaced the weatherstripping around the doors and it is difficult to roll the windows up when the door is shut because of the now tight clearance.)
The windows still flop around a little bit because there is no frame around the top, but they are now much better.

Hope this helps!
Mark

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is an easy fix.
You need three new parts:
Window channel front
Window channel rear
Wiping lip across the top

Before ordering, check the window regulators. If you need clips or new regulator, now is the time to order!

The OEM ones are metal with a cloth lining. The new ones are plastic and seem to perform better.

Take the access panel off, remove the window glass, remove old channels. Good time to clean and rust paint the door interior. Put new channels in, replace window glass. Easy peasy!

Check the usual vendors for parts. Check TM for instructions.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks