• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting ready to paint the 09

1986cucvM1009

I am finally ready to throw some color on my m1009. I'm using 383 green from rapco and I've heard it has a little bit of a shine to it and its smoother than the original carc finish. I plan on spraying two medium coats then let it flash dry and one light coat to give it a rough finish like the original paint. Before i comit, does any body think its a good idea. I think it will work, just want to hear some opinions.

MT4222

I am debating weather i should use carc 383 green or the rapco substitute 383 to paint my m1009. Has anyone painted their mv's using the rapco rattle cans? I would like to see pictures of some of your trucks painted with rapco.

Thanks.

MT4222

I am debating weather i should use carc 383 green or the rapco substitute 383 to paint my m1009. Has anyone painted their mv's using the rapco rattle cans? I would like to see pictures of some of your trucks painted with rapco.

Thanks.

ajsmith184

If it wont give you the finish you like, why not use Sherwin Williams 383 carc? In stock, at least at their Brighton location..Buddy shot his buggy with 1 coat and it looks great...Will be using it on mine next month when I get going on it.

WillowRun

What is the difference in the finish with the SW paint? I have two that need a re-paint soon and I can't seem to make up my mind what to use.
Thanks

cucv1833

Thanks.

I used Rapco 383 rattle cans for my Oh-9. I bought a mixed case of 12. 6-green, 4-brown and 2-black and then bought a few extra cans of flat black from the store. It was plenty to do my truck and still had a little left to do other things like Generator and M101 trailer.
I like the outcome but if I ever did it again I would spray it with a gun using all OD green and probaly go with rapco again.

You can see pics in the thread in my sig or album.

muddobber40

The Dually has Gillepsie CARC 383 substitute as its base. The single wheel M1028 has their current issue Olive drab. I can get a picture of a whole truck sprayed with the 383 when I get back to my other computer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks