• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.-- John Winslow

AMGeneral

I am absoutely shocked,

I have spent many a hour at John's place wandering around the field picking parts and talking trucks,John was always glad to see you and would help you out any way he could.He will sorely be missed.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with his family during this difficult time.

Keith E

I joined this site today to tell of my friends passing but as most good communities go, someone was already on it. I want to thank all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Keith

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still can't beloved the terrible news. My wife was down with me to see john half a dozen times. I sat today and thought about the many trips to his place...too many to count. He was a great friend. The milveh world lost one of its greats. I still have a truck there in his shop! That is the least of my thoughts right now.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't know him, but I talked with him on the phone once. Seemed like a good guy, wish I had more dealings with him. My condolences go out to those he left behind. Rest In Peace John.

pncaldwell

Steel Soldiers,
Thank you all, for all of the kind words and support you have given us during this difficult time. We miss John so much and would do anything to have him back. Please keep us in your prayers.

Pete and Carol

jatonka

I met John more than 10 years ago and will never forget how cordial he was to this yankee and my young son. I lost another old friend 2 days ago after a swarm of bees stung him to death, I am pretty much in shock over these 2 men. Life is so fragile, we should all enjoy each sunrise, and never let the sunset without thanking the Lord for a good day.

God Bless and Keep You, John Winslow

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rest in peace brother John. We know John has moved on to a better place. I hope they have a place where he can still enjoy laying CARC. My thought and prayers go out to John's family and closest friends as they try to cope with such an unexpected and great loss. Yes the MV community has lost a great member but a family has lost a dear loved one. Please lets keep John's family in our prayers and in our hearts during this most difficult time. Reflect on his great contributions as a friend and not dwell on his loss as John is not gone, just moved along to the next phase.

Respectfully,
Kenny

combatsurplus

It took all day to let this sink in. I have known john for 4 years and seen him once a month and talked with him every week. If it wasn't MV's, it was guns and harleys. Im glad I had that 4 years with him. If you truly knew john he was a honest man and would give you the shirt off his back. There were times when one of my trucks were down and he would let me come pick parts and pay him the next time I seen him. I was just going through photo of when we put the 52's on the 5 ton. Still can't believe it.

John, thanks for all you did for us. We lost a **** good friend.

I know next time I hear thunder I will be thinking of you shooting the m2hb 50 ca of the deck.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I only met John once but I liked him a lot. He was a Mopar guy and had a big block '69 Dart at his place when BFR and I were there.

Very sorry to hear of this. Our thoughts are with his friends and family.

Sorry to hear about John's passing. I met him 3 Summers ago when traveling through NC and bought a pickup load of stuff from him. What a top notch guy. As jatonka said enjoy each sunrise. Each breath we have is a blessing from God. Rest in peace brother.
Regards
Andy

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In case anybody WANTS to say a FINAL good bye and thank you (wish I was closer)

John Edwards Winslow, 56, died Friday, August 10, 2012.

A graveside service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 12, 2012 at Sunnyside Cemetery in Scotland Neck. The Reverend Ricky Sorie will be presiding.
The family will receive friends from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. Saturday, August 11, 2012 at Letchworth Funeral Home in Scotland Neck.

Internet condolences may be made at www.letchworthfuneralhome.com

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks