• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.-- John Winslow

pmramsey

John did not smoke or have any other bad habits. His father is 88-years old and still can be seen working around the farm most days. This photo was taken a couple days before he died.

Attachments

Keith E

Folks is does my heart good to read all the kind words here about my friend. I would like to thank all of y'all as it makes this tough time a little more bearable. I know he was a good man but it's wonderful to hear it from others.

Please continue to keep the family in your prayers.

Sincerely, Keith

diln911

I know it's been a few weeks... But I feel like I have to write something. I just found out yesterday on his voicemail. I knew something was wrong and suspected for a couple of weeks. John was my friend. He accepted people for who they were. He loved his hobby/job and was never unkind to a stranger. We spent lots of hours at the shop talking trucks.. Olivers.. Dirt bikes.. Guns... And even more time on the phone. I'm sick over this. Just seems so unfair to me. God better have a much bigger plan for him in heaven because there was never a time that had an encounter... Friendship or business... That I did not walk away feeling blessed to have him as a friend. I will really miss you John. Thank you for being my buddy. - Jim.

J girl

Thank you from Joyce Winslow, John's wife

I was told recently to go to this website to read all the wonderful things that have been said about John. John was a great man. To those that knew John, he was John, a simple man. A man that no matter who you were, you knew where stood with him. Thanks to all of you, those that knew him, those that were his friends, those that have only heard about him. His passing has taken all of us by surprise. Know that he was not alone in those few minutes and that he knew it. John loved fast cars, fast guns, and fast women (he would add with a laugh). He lived his live to the fullest. He left this world quickly, which is what he wanted when the time came. However, we did not know it would come so quickly. Please keep us all in your prayers, for his Dad (Pop) who should not have had to bury his son before him. For his brother, Lloyd Jr, wife Pattie, nephew Lloyd 3 and his wife Anna who were with me waiting for rescue. Pray for his daughters, April and Carol, especially Carol who is due to have a baby soon without John present. Pray for his grandchildren who do not understand where Grandaddy has gone. Many of you know my only as "J" (Joyce). He never used my name. I can still hear him call J girl "fix me something to eat". He was my Bullbear and I miss him more than a word can express. So, again that you for the support and stories you have shared with the family. Remember to love and always tell those you love that you do, because you may never get another chance. May God be with you, Bless you and keep you safe.
Joyce Winslow

Visit my site so you can see pictures of John.

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for posting, Joyce. I was just talking about John to my sis-in-law last night. He was a great friend. Please let me know of there is anything I can do to help out around the farm. I'll be glad to make the trip to NC to lend a hand. God Bless.

Ford Mechanic

Wow, I just found this out this weekend. I just met him apperently a week or so before he passed. He was a great guy and a sad loss to our community.

Please keep us posted on the outcome of his buisness.

lock66mark

He was a great guy. I don't know much about him. But I hear little about him. You right great man has left our ranks. I missed you too.

Mac53

I only had the chance to do a little bit of business with John, but it started when I was 16 and working on my M37. He was extremely nice to me and was more than happy to show off trucks and talk about all of the possibilities. His passing is very sad indeed.

Ford Mechanic

Forgot to tell ya'll I talked with John's buddy David 2 weeks ago for a bit (He worked with him). Talked about trucks, him, and other stuff. Good guys the both of them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks