• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

peruvian 151

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can M151s be imported back into the US? I know you can't buy them in their entirety from Uncle Sam, but how about bringing them back on a boat?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You might have to go through a Peruvian version of the EUC Ai Caramba! lol... It would remind me of my 1879 Remington Rolling block that came back from South America in 43 Spanish. It is always nice to let our emmisaries come home.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was stationed at Fort McClellan, AL, I met a guy that had bought 30 M151A2's from DRMO (GL had not taken over yet) that had just had the roll cages installed on them. He paid about 15.00 each for them because he had to take the whole lot.
This was when the HUMVEE was just being fielded and these had been MP jeeps.
He was not allowed to remove them whole, he had to take everything off the pan, cut it in four pieces (basically a big X) and leave the pieces at DRMO. He told me him and his brother were going to make tube frames to bolt all the running gear on and make dune buggies out of them.

Several years later I was in Miami and I saw an M152 sitting in a parking lot. It was painted red and looked brand new. I went into the business and made inquiries.
The guy told me the pans were being made somewhere in South America to replace the pans on vehicles that the US had provided to Latin American countries to do drug interdiction.
This guy was buying just the pans (no problem importing "parts") and using surplus parts was building working vehicles. He sold them as "kit" vehicles "for off road use only".
I had his card for a long time but it escaped me. You could see the vehicles and the business from I-95. I think it was just north of Miami proper on the west side of I-95.
I gave him the guys number that had bought all the jeeps at McClellan.
I still wonder if they got together and made some kind of deal. :?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks