• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MO OK AR KS TX rally

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, as long as people bring out their dead, er.. 'junque', that is, merchandise for prizes. I have a couple.. If you are serious about this bit of fun, then we need a sign-in sheet for miles, vehicle(s) type(s), repairs, and most of all, since no one is going to pay any attention to me, a young lady to do the announcements on a megaphone! I'll bring a table to throw all the stuff on (or under, in case some smart-aleck brings a transfer case) as well as a little shade. It would not be fair for one person to judge things like best performance, stuck, etc, so we have to enlist maybe three people. I nominate the two of you :p

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well it's officially on my calendar and someone seems to have pledged a deuce transmission (if I am not mistaken) for a prize!

jasonjc

I've got a new to me light set and a lager mil ice chest to use. And a 5 gal water jug and mermite can for prizes.The weekend after next is an open park weekend so I plan to go and do some recon.

Prerunner1982

as long as things work out I should be able to go. Sounds like great fun. Might have to hitch a ride.. I can always drive if someone needs me to.. Anyone coming through OKC?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason:
Have you run up there to have a look yet? If you have a day open this week or next let me know, we can split the gas.
James G.

jasonjc

Its not the most drict route but it's in the right dirtion at least. I need to double check the date's but I think there is a MV show in Tulsa that weekend well Friday and Saturday. That would be a good stop on the way for you all coming up from the south.

Perrunner you still have a few mouths to get a truck. GL has some good one from time to time in the OKC area. Don't be afraid of a few missing parts.

Prerunner1982

OPCOM said:
Hey did you have a chance to do the recon at the park for the site survey, questions, and rules?
Not the most direct route, but the best route if you are wanting to take a highway.. (I-35 to I44)(probably not in a MV).. but if we had a convoy we could get away with it. I just recently got out of the military but a field training exercise enviroment still sounds fun. Everyone needs to bring camo net and polls so we can properly set up our AO. :lol:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we are to do a convoy, who has operational radios compatible with VRC-12?
(RT246, RT524, PRC-77, PRC-25). Also headset type H-161/GR works on the PRC-77 and PRC-25.

Should have one in the lead truck and one in the tail.

Since we are short on ham operators I'd suggest using the same as those old wireless telephones to avoid interfering with anyone. Here is a list of compatible frequencies which will attract little notice. I'd suggest 49.2 MHz on general principles.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CBs work well with a set of regular headphones as long as the mike is kept close when speaking. Deuce soooo noisy!!

jasonjc

I'm planing on going there this weekend they have a 4X4 thing on. So will be more to see. I think that the Tulsa MV club is having there big show the Fri Sat of are meet. It mite be a good 2 for 1 deal for the guys coming from far away. they can spen Friday & Friday night there and come up to D-day sat AM. I just need to dubble check dates.

jasonjc

OK I just got back from the "RECON" mission.
It seems like it will be a great place plety of room on the trails for big trucks. Alot of neat "stuff" all around. They do a big paint ball game thing so alot of bunkers and stuff. Even seen the remains of a DC-3. And I know I will catch h e l l for this but I forgot the camera so no pic I'm sorry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks