• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MO OK AR KS TX rally

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How is a Ferret on fuel? I have only looked at one, never been inside one or seen the engine, etc. Rolls Royce? In any case.. the tires DO need to be broken in.. :p

CanonNinja

jasonjc said:
It's in AR (Arkansas) AK is Alaska. It's in Littel Rock June 28-30
close enough for govt work :D I was going to try to make that one, or the Fort Worth show on the 15-16th of June in addition to this meet

davesgmc

OPCOM said:
How is a Ferret on fuel? I have only looked at one, never been inside one or seen the engine, etc. Rolls Royce? In any case.. the tires DO need to be broken in.. :p

Well, I will certainly be filing every empty can I have JUST IN CASE. They dont get too bad of fuelmileage, unless your on the highway or a high speeds continuously....like driving to d-day.....lol.
The engine is a rolls royce 6 cyl gas engine, 4.2 litre.
New tires are broken in, I have about 200 miles on then so far. I am going to try to convoy down with the other boys from the area here.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In case the rally falls at the beginning of a possible northbound road trip, is someone hear or somewhat north of the site, who would let me stash my trailer and ATV for a few days at their place till I pass back though southward to Texas?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Y'all are all on possible routes. Not sure how much vacation I will have then. The fascsists make us take vacation sometimes, but it's better than layoffs. I do appreciate the kindness!!

On the event itself, still slated for Saturday, September 29 2007 and Sunday, September 30 2007, I assume? Looking at their rules, they say ATV are welcome on open park weekends, and that is one of those. It might be wise for those riding the little things to put a pennant on them, so they can be seen over the hoods of deuces.

I notice they have "We also have RV spaces available for rent at every event with electric and water".. this might be useful. I suggest we plan on gettong those slots. A little light and electric would be nice.. The other camping spots, they insist all generators be turned off at 10PM (fascsists!). For myself, I need some a/c to sleep.. heh the price of getting old..

so, can we occupy the RV area? If we had the required 25 MV's, we could qualify to own the place for the weekend.

but how do you all feel about parking in reach of the water and electricity? It would make it a little more comfy.

looking at their site:
no mention of the fees (except $65 for if you are playing paintball)
no mention of fees to park with water/electric

should I call them and find out more or what?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
also from looking at the forums on that site, quite a few things (including radios) get stolen there. maybe someone could bring some concertina wire?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will bring a couple of gen sets/light sets, but an electrical outlet would be good for some fans for sleeping under, it may still be toasty then. Do we have any idea of how many MV will be on site. I will be bring at least one and maybe two, but no wrecker this time, well maybe not anyway.
James G.

jasonjc

You can get the screw in plugs that go in a light socket. And you the light set cords.
As for concertina wire I don't have any.......YET.

jasonjc

I was thinking can some one come up with a T-Shirt. Does anyone on here make them. Maybe some thing like " Steel Soldiers 1st Anuall D-Day rally" Do we have a SS logo??? any ideas???some one??

BigJay

Well I made it.. Got into Fayetteville last Sunday after a truely horrible drive from Jersey. F250 with about 800lbs in the bed, towing a 7500gvw tag trailer with at least 9000lbs on it.. 55-60mph the whole way.... being followed by my wife, mother-in-law and 2 month old baby in my wife's minivan. SO we were stopping every 2-3hours for him to eat.

Anyway, I digress.. I would love to attend maybe only for one day, but we'll see. My '78 Suburban will have to do as I am not allowed to purchase an MV until after we have puchased a house and moved out of my mother-in-law's place.

If anyone wants to chat about house shopping in NWA drop me a PM.

-Jay

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jay:
Glad to see you in NWArkansas, can't have too many MV enthusiast. This is a pretty good time to be house buying, everything seems down from what it has been for the last ten years.
James G.
Springdale, AR

jasonjc

It seems the Tulsa Military Vehicle Group moved there show swapmeet from Aug(last year) to Sep 28-29 this year. Which is Fri & Sat. Our rally is Sat & Sun. So this will make for a bonus for those of you coming for out of town to get to go to 2 MV events in one weekend. They pack up early on saturday. They have camping there spend Friday fridaynight there and head to D-Day saturday. www.tmvg.org is there site they will have reenactors and warbirds. I think this will work out nice. A lot more to see and do in one trip.

Still looking for a T-shirt idae HELP HELP HELP PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE

M1075

That is a bonus to have the TMVG just before our rally.

At this point, there is a 50/50 chance I can make the rally, but was there any resolution to the question regarding water/power connections? Do we each need to contact D-Day to make a reservation for an RV spot?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks