• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MO OK AR KS TX rally

davesgmc

anyone going to be passing through KC on the way down? I am still planning on driing my ferret down in a covoy with Marks 5ton and Gregg with his duece,,,,anyone else is welcome to join

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just counting the days.. So far, is there clearance for an advance party arriving onsite Friday? I scheduled thursday and friday off.

Prerunner1982

Depending on the number of members taking part an advanced party may be a good idea. If only a hand full of members show then perhaps only 1 or 2 people advance and allow everyone else to "convoy" in. Also, if the advanced party could set up commo, they could be prepared for each convoy or members arrival.

Dang I wish I could make it, but with a kiddo on the way i need to save up all the vacation time I can...

gbooth

Yes Time is getting close, I steel plan on driving down on Friday along with Dave and Mark. I will see them this weekend to firm up plans. Its about a 3-3 1/2 hour drive for us. Also have we found out what the $$$$ will be?

jasonjc

OK just got off the phone with the D-Day. They said that they open it up on friday after noon. The price she said was $15 one person or $25 for a couple. RV hookups$15 a day

davesgmc

I am still planning on driving the ferret down. still unsure its a good idea or not, but what he heck,,,,,,,it will be intresting

M1075

jasonjc said:
It seems the Tulsa Military Vehicle Group moved there show swapmeet from Aug(last year) to Sep 28-29 this year. Which is Fri & Sat. Our rally is Sat & Sun. So this will make for a bonus for those of you coming for out of town to get to go to 2 MV events in one weekend. They pack up early on saturday. They have camping there spend Friday fridaynight there and head to D-Day saturday. www.tmvg.org is there site they will have reenactors and warbirds. I think this will work out nice. A lot more to see and do in one trip.
I assume everyone thinks the more the merrier? If so, we should make an effort to invite those attending the Tulsa swapmeet. Maybe get the SS rally mentioned on their flyers and website? Also, I noticed one of the first pics from the park shows a line of deuces there. We should check with the park manager/owner to get these guys invited too. They might become new members of Steel Soldiers! Otherwise, we will end up with 3 seperate groups of MV enthusiasts in NE Oklahoma this fall.

Attachments

jasonjc

The trucks line up at the park are the parks. They use them for the paint ball games and giveing rides. As I under stand it.

M1075

jasonjc said:
The trucks line up at the park are the parks. They use them for the paint ball games and giveing rides. As I under stand it.
Great, maybe we can get the chance to look them over. Also, we need to invite them into the world of www.steelsoldiers.com!

The event is now less than 2 months away. Where do we stand? What do we need to discuss/finalize? Can we organize small convoy serials like East Coast Convoy? That would be cool.

We should consider changing the title of this thread to include Colorado and Louisiana. Maybe even call it the midsouth rally or somehing. We have several members on the board from other areas close who might attend if we broaden our horizons a tad.

Any progress with TVMG rally at Bristow? Have we invited/notified them, or should we consider relocating and comingling with them at Bristow?

jasonjc

The TMVG show at Bristow is Fri early sat so if anyone wanted they could go by there frist. They do a WWII battel reinactment thing. no room for tail rides or anything like that. It's at the airport. As for inviteing them I will send them an email this week. And I will send one to the Arkansas MV traverls. They are a MV grourp also. I did invit some of there guy when I was at the convention in Littel Rock.
"We should consider changing the title of this thread to include Colorado and Louisiana. Maybe even call it the midsouth rally or somehing. We have several members on the board from other areas close who might attend if we broaden our horizons a tad."

When I frist started this thread some of the Colorado talked about coming over. Now I see they are working on there own gettogther.

ANY AND ALL ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME AND JOINT IN ON THE FUN.

I know we are alot more spread out in these parts then some other places.

M1075

jasonjc said:
When I frist started this thread some of the Colorado talked about coming over. Now I see they are working on there own gettogther.
Good work on the Bristow invites, Jason. I, too, read about the proposed Colorado gathering and realized that we were leaving them out (in the title at least). It takes a lot of work to organize an event like this and have it well attended. It sounds like it will be a small gethering this year, but with persistence, it will grow year by year.

I am in Northern Oklahoma, just East of I-35. Anybody coming from the west is welcome to conoy East with me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks